haven't had internet access at home, so I haven't been able to update my blog. SO much has been going on. We moved back home to Greenwood. We moved in with my dad. Andrew and I started new jobs on December 1. Olivia started running a high fever the day before we started our new jobs, so my mom and grandmother kept her the first week. Olivia started a new daycare the second week of December. She got the stomach bug that week and passed it on me. It is NO fun being pregnant and cleaning up stomach bug, but even less fun being pregnant and having the stomach bug. We recovered from that and then we were told we could move into the rental...the week of Christmas. So...again we moved. Then came Christmas. My sweet angel literally had to wait an entire year for her first Christmas. She was running a low grade fever Christmas morning when she saw what Santa Clause brought, but she didn't feel bad enough to not play with her toys. The next day was her birthday. To say it stressed me out was an understatement. She didn't feel good all day, but that afternoon we started running fever in excess of 103 again. We got it under control, but she kept a runny nose and cough for a week and half with fever on and off.
This week has been a doozy. Our dog, Stella got in the garbage on Wednesday and found some rib bones. Of course she ate them. Olivia still had her cough from the previous illness and was running a 103 fever. Thursday night I was up starting at about 3 with Olivia and Stella. Once Olivia's cough was under control she was fine. Stella on the other hand had an upset stomach and so I took her outside twice (we don't have a fence in the rental) and I cleaned up the hall once. Olivia, my grandmother, and I went to Memphis to the doctor on Friday. My check up went well, but since I had been feeling like I was swallowing razor blades for 2 days and was running fever the night before (yes, the night I was up all night with the "kids") my OB put me on an antibiotic. Then we went to Olivia's doctor for her annual check up which turned into a sick visit. Olivia was still running a high temp. The doc gave her an antibiotic and she took it before we even left Memphis. Friday night I was up every hour with either Stella or Olivia. Stella started throwing up at this point. Saturday morning I took Stella to the vet to find out she has gastrointestinal something or other, also known as garbage can disease. She stayed over the weekend. I know she is scared to death and we miss her, but I know Dr. Andy will get her well. On to Olivia. Saturday morning after I got back from the vet, Olivia took her antibiotic and her lips and hands turned blue. My mom left our house and Olivia started vomitting. I was home by myself at this point. Scared to death and trying to stay calm I took off Olivia's and my clothes, wrapped her up in a blanket (she was still blue at this point), and laid her on the couch. I knew she felt too bad to move. I had to get the vomit up because of my pregnancy nose. Andrew walked in while I was cleaning it up and he got Olivia's blue lips, hands, and feet to go away. The doc changed her antibiotic, but even after Tylenol or Motrin Olivia's fever was staying pretty high. This morning her fever finally broke. This is the first time in 4 days that she hasn't had fever at all. Thank God for a break because she was miserable.
I know this was a long post, but that is what you get when I haven't posted in more than a month. Hope everyone has had a great Christmas and 2010 has started out wonderful. Here are some pictures from the past month.
She is a miss priss
Olivia loves to read
Santa Clause came to visit
Uncle Garner's scotch looks like a great gift!
Oh Edi, how awful! I don't know how you are even still standing, and begin pregnant on top of all that is unbelievable! I am so glad Olivia is finally feeling better...that sounds a lot like Tyler's first Xmas, where the kdis kept trading off illnesses, spent 5 hours at Urgent Care on Xmas Eve, got stomach flu on the 26th, etc. But sounds like you have got us topped! Hope y'all stay well in 2010!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh I had NO clue all this was going on... I wish I had known or could have helped. Glad you guys are feeling better... call Pammy if you ever need anything. You know no one in my parents house sleeps so any time of day is good! ha.
ReplyDeleteEDI!!!!
ReplyDeletewhat's up? i was blog hopping and found your blog. i can't even remember how i got here now. i had no idea that you were back in gwood or preggo!! congrats! i'm going to have to go back and read some to catch up with you. i hope y'all are well now and the little lady is doing better! i'll definitely be back!
laura (baria) henson