Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Dove Hunt 2014

There is not much I love to do more than going to my father in love's house and spending the day. My three little love bugs love it too! So since yesterday was the opening day of dove season and we had a day off work for Labor day, we got up at the crack of dawn and headed south.

We started the morning off with a little fishing.

This kid caught this fish all by herself. She cast the line and reeled it in while we were trying to get the other two a pole ready.


It's a whopper! At least by the end of the month it'll be this big |                              |

And Miss B caught few fish herself.


Little man had some fun beating the fishing poles in the mud. 


He just wanted to be at his Pow Pow's house. 


And riding the tractor.


So after fishing was the tractor. And after the tractor was a little dove hunting.


The kids were being so still and quiet that all of the birds were going across the road.


So we hung out and watched the birds head opposite of our direction for about 45 minutes...





And the Mister and I moved to the side of the field where the birds were flying.  He gave me his shotgun and I took a few missed shots and then BOOM!


I killed my first dove. The kids were tired of being out there and so they all headed back up to the house while I hung out and took a few more missed shots.  I killed one more before I decided to call it quits  I think I'm hooked! 


What a fun day!

How did you spend your Labor Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment