Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Gingerbread Man Birthday Party

Happy happy early birthday Miss O!

This year we are in a much bigger house than last year. And so it seemed only appropriate to have Miss O's SIXTH birthday party at our house. A gingerbread and hot chocolate party, no less.


I found a gingerbread cookie cutter online and some gingerbread cookie mix at the grocery store and proceeded to make quite a few gingerbread men...2 at a time.



This was the little kids table.




I think the kids enjoyed it, and while I decided to make the gingerbread men so the kids could eat them...I'm not so sure they were edible after all of the stuff they put on them.

And then of course we sang Happy Birthday to you!



The birthday girl's gingerbread man.


And this kid is not so sure about there being a minute that isn't all about him.


This is the second year in a row that the birthday girl has had the flu on her birthday party day. She was running less than 100 fever before the party, but I didn't think anything of it because the fever was so low.  The next day it was higher and as a precautionary measure I took her to the doctor only to come back with a positive flu test.  She's already feeling better, and as far as I know no one else has gotten it yet. So yay for birthday parties!


No comments:

Post a Comment