My big girl had a big year this year. She started the year off with getting a big buck.
She had only practiced shooting wtih a bb gun, but The Mister got her out there. They saw a few deer, but none were close enough to take a shot. So they waited. Another buck came out. They waited for it to get close, but it never did. The Mister decided to just let her take a shot, and she hit him dead on. Needless to say her Daddy and her Pow Pow was super proud.
In February she participated in the science fair. It was not by choice. She is in spotlight and it is a requirement. She worked hard on her project. She didn't place, but I was proud of how much she learned.
She also went to her first Daddy/Daughter dance. I think they had a great time, but when I'm not there I don't get photos.
Also, as a right of passage, when my girls turn 10 they get to get their ears pierced. Olivia took it like a champ. I figured she would cry and whine. She acted like she didn't feel it. And as a complete rule follower, she cleaned and turned her earrings on schedule like clockwork.
Olivia also ran her first 5k. She and I were going to run together. But I ran off and left her. It was pure accident. I thought she was still behind me, but she wasn't. But she ran the whole thing by herself...without music. I really need to get this kid a music box of some sort. Maybe an old phone or something. That would totally give me a reason to upgrade my phone. Ha!
In March I took a few days off during spring break to take the kids to do some fun things and get them out of the house to do some fun things. We went to the Grammy Museum and the Train Museum in Cleveland, MS with our Biscuit and Poppy. It is really a cool place.
Olivia played soccer again in the spring. She had a much better team than she did in the fall. They actually won quite a few games. At the end of the season, she won the Christ Like award. I was super proud of her. She improved so much during this season. She got more aggressive and she started playing so much harder. I think she got less scared. But she got in there and played tough with the biggest and the best of them.
In June she went to Camp of the Rising Son for 2 weeks.This was the first summer she and Beck went for 2 weeks. I don't know that they missed us at all.
In July went to the beach. We spent a lot of time in the sand. We went to 2 movies (Toy Story 3 and Aladdin). We did the bouncy trampoline thing. And lots more.
August rolled around and we started school. O is in fifth grade this year. I'm not sure how we have already made it to our last year of elementary school, but here we are. She has Ms. Ferrel and Mrs. Lagroue as her teachers this year. She is so independent that I really don't even know when she has homework or tests. I'm okay with that.
In September she ran a 1 mile fun run in Greenwood. I think she enjoys running. She did really well without doing much to prepare.
We took the kids to the Ole Miss v. Texas A&M game in Oxford. The kids had a great time. They asked to go to another game at least 50 times, but between soccer games and other things going on we couldn't make it back. But next year we will for be heading down for more games.
For Halloween Olivia was Captain Marvel. I have no idea who this is. But she is completely obsessed with the Marvel movies and this was the only girl costume we could find. She is seriously so obsessed with those movies. I'm not sure how many times I have heard Thor Ragnarock, but it's a lot.
For the last 2 Christmases Olivia has asked Santa for a Schnoodle. I have been vehemently opposed to getting a dog.I wasn't ready to clean up poop and pee and for my house to smell like a dog. I still wasn't ready, but I thought she was ready for the responsibility. We found one within a day's drive round trip, so we bit the bullet and got the dog. I have never seen a kid so happy about anything, despite the tears.
The fall weekends were consumed with soccer games. This girl just continued to improve. And she won the Christlike award again this season. How awesome is that?!?!
For Thanksgiving we went to Gatlinburg. Olivia was caught between being a big kid and a little kid. She has some older cousins and youngers cousins and she's right in the middle. It was such a fun time. She went on a trail ride and went to Dollywood and went ice skating and spent hours in the hot tub. It was such a great week spending time with family and I think it was so great to see her bond with all of her cousins. I'm glad she finally got to experience a little piece of how I grew up.
When we got back, a friend of ours had us over to see Santa Clause. Since she had already gotten her puppy, she asked Santa for a Microsoft Surface Laptop. She doesn't have expensive taste at all. (insert eye roll).
And the day after Christmas we went out to a fancy dinner for her birthday.
This kid is my old soul. She's smarter than me. She's finally accepted that she'll probably always be smaller than her younger sister. She handles group punishment with grace even when she's done nothing. Her favorite color is any shade of blue. There are more than 2 handfuls of days I might not have made it if she hadn't been here. And she is ELEVEN.
This year has been full of so many great things for this one. I hope the next year and the next decade bring her more joy and happiness and love and hope than she could ever imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment