Saturday, April 17, 2010

Beckett Mills McIlwain

Beckett Mills McIlwain joined our family on April 16th at 3:40 pm. She weighs 8 lbs. and is 20 inches long. Andrew and I took Olivia to the doctor Friday morning to try to get some medicine to get rid of her runny nose and to make sure she didn't have an ear infection. Olivia was fine, just allergies. We then went to my doctor for a check up. Since I had dilated almost 4 cm and was having contractions, my doctor decided to hook me up to the contraction monitor to see how far apart my contractions were. It just so happened that I was having contractions 1-4 minutes apart. My doctor sent me straight on to the hospital. Fortunately I had packed all of our bags and we put them in the car before we left. I felt like we were going to have to spend the night, but never thought it was going to be in the hospial because Beckett was born. Anyway, we left the clinic at 11:45 and we had a baby by 3:45. I was very thankful that it all happened so fast. We are also thankful for a healthy baby girl and for being a family of 4. To God be all the glory!



















5 comments:

  1. congrats! what a beautiful family! dk baria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I am so glad to hear everyone is doing well. He is a looker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Edi! She is beautiful! Can't wait to meet her!

    Sarah Nell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Edi!! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats!! hope the transition home is an easy one!

    ReplyDelete