We were SO glad to leave the hospital
Monday, April 26, 2010
Beckett's First Week
Not only was I semi-unprepared to have a baby on Friday, April 16, but I was also unprepared to have to spend an extra night in the hospital and another night in Memphis with my brother and sister-in-law. My poor sweet Beckett had jaundice and she had to spend the night under the bili lamp. We learned all there is to know about why babies get jaundice, but no one seemed to know why the lamp helped. I was discharged from the hospital before Beckett, but because they had plenty of rooms available they let Andrew and me stay as borders. I think they felt sorry for me because I couldn't stop crying. For those of you who know me, I am sure you aren't surprised. Beckett was discharged the next day around 6 pm. They wanted to test her bilirubin levels the next morning so we had to spend another night at my brother and sister-in-law's house. As much as we wanted our new sweet angel to get better, we were sad that we had to be away from Olivia for 4 nights only to bring a new person home. Olivia has really adjusted well to her little sister. She has pitched a few fits that probably wouldn't have been pitched if all of the attention was focused on her, but she has done really well. Here are a few pictures from the hospital and Beckett coming home.
Aunt Julia and Uncle Oliver came to see Beckett when they got back from New Orleans
Beckett under the Bili lamp - she looked like she was sun bathing

We were SO glad to leave the hospital
We were SO glad to leave the hospital
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love Love Love the cute pictures....more please...I dreamed about Olivia and Beckett last night....we were just all outside playing with them....I think that means I need to schedule a visit ASAP!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Edi! She's adorable!! Can't wait to meet her :-)
ReplyDelete