Saturday, June 26, 2010
My New Hobby
SEWING! I have wanted to learn to sew for a couple of years now. My mom gave me a sewing machine for my birthday...about 2 years ago. I finally had a lesson last Thursday. Sweet Marietta Branch came over and taught me how to use my machine, how to read a pattern, and how to cut a pattern, and how to use as little material as possible (so you can use any leftovers for ruffles or appliques). Fortunately she gave me pointers on materials, patterns, etc. I made this cute little dress for Olivia. I bought some more fabric today, so there is more to come!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
edi, the dress is so cute and olivia is even cuter. good luck with your new hobby. dk baria
ReplyDeleteWay to go Edi!! You are going to love sewing and see quickly how it effects your shopping (saying "I can make that!"). The dress is adorable! Where do you get your materials in Greenwood? Natchez has nothing...
ReplyDelete