Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Busy Bees Early on a Saturday Morning

I wonder when my kids are going to figure out that it's perfectly okay to sleep past 6:30 am on a Saturday. Do they figure it out? Or at least when are they able to fix their own breakfast and milk? I'll put the milk on the bottom shelf if they'll just let me sleep.

SO since we were up and at 'em Saturday morning... we ate pancakes.



Then the girls fingerpainted...


Everything.

From paper to the table to the chairs to the walls...


AND THEMSELVES!


Apparently use one finger and don't put your fingers on anything except the paper means nothing. Let's be honest. Nothing that comes out of my mouth means anything to these girls. They may not even really hear the words that come out of my mouth. I'm probably just like Charlie Brown teacher to them. Mahmahmahmahmahmahmahmah.

Moving on.

The girls got dressed and immediately went outside and helped their daddy re-pot his oak trees.



Then they "swam" in their little bitty swimming pool that only holds enough water to cover their legs. Because that's how my kids roll. They only like bathtub water. And by like bathtub water I mean I have to tell them about 8 times a night to stop drinking the bath water.

And all of this was done before lunch.  Let's just say our afternoon (of rain) and Sunday weren't quite as much fun as our Saturday morning. But PRAISE GOD! We've gotten some much needed rain the past 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment