I have been completely consumed with trying not to feel bad nad trying to get as much asleep as possible. And politics. So no, "I haven't had time to blog".
I'm not sure what I was thinking. I haven't read a political article or watched news in about 2 years (other than local news to see how many people got shot last night or what my city has done to be newsworthy today but mostly to see the weather). I was completely content not knowing how far down the toilet our country is now or what candidate lies about what. I was totally okay with it, because let's be honest here...all politicians, democrats and republicans, are crooked. None of them know what it is like to be a middle class or lower class citizen no matter what they say they came from. They're lying. They're politicians. That's what they do. And no matter what anybody tells you, you can't do anything about it because they all think the same way and are only in it to line their pockets. And your vote only counts if you are in California, New York, Florida, or Ohio.
But earlier this week when I was trying to read my pop news because I have been completely obsessed with Katie Holmes escaping the crazy cult man, when alas, I saw a political article title that caught my eye. And I read it. And I've read a few at lot of articles since then. BUT NO TV NEWS. And now I remember why I quit reading this stuff, so I'm having an intervention for myself...right now. No more political news. DONE.
On a lighter note. I mean, I guess it's a lighter note. It's more like how can we aggravate mommy today news. O wanted ice cream the other night since she ate all of her supper. We had some, but I told her we didn't because she doesn't need to be rewarded every.single.night for eating her supper. Because quite honestly, I don't care if she eats supper or not. If she doesn't eat she'll get hungry and then she'll eat.
BUT...when my Beau called to tell me he was on his way home I told him she wanted ice cream but I didn't feel like getting out...so he stopped and got us all "ice cream" (aka frozen yogurt)...and the girls had already bathed.
So this is what happened:
Yes they went to school with "ice cream" in their hair the next day. Are you crazy? I'm not bathing these kids twice. But they were so stinking excited about it that they kept on talking about how they have the BEST daddy.
Worth it? Yep!
Just so I can remember next week when someone asks me if my kids want to go swimming and I can't remember if they like the pool this week or are terrified of the pool this week...we took the girls to the pool last Sunday. They both got in without screaming bloody murder. HOLD THE PHONE! O floated around in the "baby boat". B floated around in the little tube...by themselves. HUGE STEP FOR MANKIND.
B slipped and went under and I grabbed her up really quick. She had the most terrified look on her face, but I started cheering like crazy. The other adults (except for our Uncle G who has no kids yet and doesn't quite get it) took cue and started cheering with me. B then started saying, "MOM! I go under. You want to see me go under again!" And she jumped off of the steps. Sweet O is so scary, she thought (and so did we) that it was awesome that she was jumping on the steps. It's the little things people.
Have a GREAT weekend!
Yes they went to school with "ice cream" in their hair the next day. Are you crazy? I'm not bathing these kids twice. But they were so stinking excited about it that they kept on talking about how they have the BEST daddy.
Worth it? Yep!
Just so I can remember next week when someone asks me if my kids want to go swimming and I can't remember if they like the pool this week or are terrified of the pool this week...we took the girls to the pool last Sunday. They both got in without screaming bloody murder. HOLD THE PHONE! O floated around in the "baby boat". B floated around in the little tube...by themselves. HUGE STEP FOR MANKIND.
B slipped and went under and I grabbed her up really quick. She had the most terrified look on her face, but I started cheering like crazy. The other adults (except for our Uncle G who has no kids yet and doesn't quite get it) took cue and started cheering with me. B then started saying, "MOM! I go under. You want to see me go under again!" And she jumped off of the steps. Sweet O is so scary, she thought (and so did we) that it was awesome that she was jumping on the steps. It's the little things people.
Have a GREAT weekend!


Edi, I quit watching the news, local, national, international. I have put my head in the sand and don't intend to take it out. I know this is not right, but I have decided I will take the time to pray instead and know that God will not forsake us, even if we don't understand His plan and the way this world, in the words of my Mammaw, " is going to hell in a handbasket!" You are not missing a thing!!!
ReplyDelete