Happy New Year!
I hate to see 2012 go, only because that means my babies are going to be a year older. I love them being little...as aggravating as they are sometimes. On the other hand, I am so excited for 2013! In just a few days we are going to get to meet our baby boy...AND I'm not going to be pregnant anymore. (For all of you who want to tell me to enjoy the last few days of my pregnancy...there is nothing to enjoy. Good luck convincing me otherwise.) I'll be honest...I'm glad the world didn't end on 12/21/12. I would have been pretty hacked off if I had carried this child 8.5 months and never met him.
I did not take a single photo over the long New Year weekend. I have been pretty OCD about keeping my camera in the case. I don't want to have this baby and not have any pictures of him because my Beau couldn't find the camera. It didn't matter. We didn't do much of anything. We went to church on Sunday. The girls rode their bikes every day. We walked around the block. We went out to eat once. The girls stayed up "late" and watched movies 2 nights. My Beau and I rang in the New Year watching Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives...he on the couch and I in the bed. And we ate the required fixins on New Year's Day. It was nice just to do nothing with my family...even if I was miserable the whole time.
After kind of feeling guilty about not having any New Year's Resolutions this year, I gave up. I decided that since I can't ever seem to keep New Year's resolutions...mostly because I forget about them...I was going to look back 2 years. After little deliberation and about 30 minutes lying in bed with leg cramps I decided that I had a few things I was NOT going to do this year. Resolu-NOTS if you will.
So here they are.
I did not take a single photo over the long New Year weekend. I have been pretty OCD about keeping my camera in the case. I don't want to have this baby and not have any pictures of him because my Beau couldn't find the camera. It didn't matter. We didn't do much of anything. We went to church on Sunday. The girls rode their bikes every day. We walked around the block. We went out to eat once. The girls stayed up "late" and watched movies 2 nights. My Beau and I rang in the New Year watching Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives...he on the couch and I in the bed. And we ate the required fixins on New Year's Day. It was nice just to do nothing with my family...even if I was miserable the whole time.
After kind of feeling guilty about not having any New Year's Resolutions this year, I gave up. I decided that since I can't ever seem to keep New Year's resolutions...mostly because I forget about them...I was going to look back 2 years. After little deliberation and about 30 minutes lying in bed with leg cramps I decided that I had a few things I was NOT going to do this year. Resolu-NOTS if you will.
So here they are.
I'm NOT going to let life interfere with my relationship with my Beau. I feel like over the past year all we do is take care of kids, work, and go to bed. Oh, and maybe play on the iPad or computer between the kids' bedtime and our bedtime. I don't even know if he set New Year's resolutions for himself. It didn't even dawn on me that he might have had New Year's resolutions until he said, "Part of my New Year's resolutions is blah blah blah blah." Yes, that's what I heard. I heard blah blah blah. All I knew was it involved me waking up earlier in the mornings because of his alarm...and I lost interest. And then I felt guilty about not being interested. So, I'm going to be interested in my Beau. Not because I have to be, but because I WANT to be. NOTE: That does NOT mean that I will start hunting with him again. That is his deal. I like to sleep late and be warm.
I'm NOT going to eat unhealthy all year long. 2012 was different. We started out trying to eat healthy. It wasn't as much of a resolution as a lifestyle change I wanted to make. I wanted to try the Whole 30 diet for a month and start running. I started running and even ran a 5K. This year my goal is to run a half marathon. When I decided I wanted to try the Whole 30 diet, I found out I was preggo only days later. So that was out of the question. Especially since I was puking my toenails up for about 4 months. While I'm not sure the Whole 30 diet will easily incorporate into our meal planning, I am sure that I am going to continue to take my Juice Plus+ daily (if you want to know about this...just ask me!) and eat more fruits and veggies daily and less pizza and other junk. But first I'm going to eat just one chili cheese coney from Sonic...because I've been wanting one really really bad, but scared to eat hot dogs until after the munchkin is born.
I'm NOT going to let social media consume my life...nor the iPad. I love my iPad. I think my Beau loves it too. I KNOW my kids love it. The problem...I am constantly checking facebook. I have a twitter account, but I think it's kind of dumb, so I don't use it. I'll be honest, I've cut back how much I check the FB since my old phone went out in August. I finally got another phone that has internet, but the FB app doesn't work well. So that helps me out a bit. The other problem I have on the iPad is a game the devil must have made...SOLITAIRE. I'm going to have to significantly cut back on my playing time. A few hours a night is entirely too much...especially when I should be or could be doing other things...like reading my Bible, cleaning, getting the girls' and my stuff ready for the next day, etc.
I'm NOT going to let having 3 kids make me crazy. I love my kids. They make my heart full. They just don't mind very well. They mind others well, so we must be doing something right. They just don't mind me well. O just doesn't listen. She is consumed by other things...whatever that may be at the moment. B just flat out doesn't mind. Maybe it's the baby coming. Maybe it's just kids being kids. I just hope they fall into line by the time the baby boy gets here...because if I remember correctly...brand new babies=lots of crying=mommy crying=mommy going nutso.
I'm NOT going to sweat the small stuff. Too often I get worked up over the little things. You know the ones. The spaghetti sauce on that brand new white shirt. The tracks on the freshly mopped floor. The Barbie shoe I stepped on 3 times. The baby doll I put up 3 times. The oven light being left on for the umpteen gallionth time. The bathroom light being left on. Crying over nothing. And whatever other nothings you can think of. It's easy for me as a mom and wife, who takes care of 90% of the things that get taken care of in our house, to get worked up over these little things. That is just one more thing on my plate. One more thing I have to do before I get to play Solitaire (wink wink). One more thing I have to do before I can do what I want to do. But I'm going to try to do these things with more of a servant's heart. Because that is what mommy's and wives are called to do...serve. And I want to serve my family with a cheerful heart.
So those are the things I'm resolving NOT to do this year.
Here's to 2013!
So those are the things I'm resolving NOT to do this year.
Here's to 2013!
No comments:
Post a Comment