Thursday, January 31, 2013

Mommy Fail

Yesterday was just an epic fail for me. It was the first time I haven't had a shower all day since I got home from the hospital. Fail.

B was home sick. She started running fever on Tuesday afternoon. Since the flu is running rampant around this here country, I decided that I was going to take her to get swabbed first this the next morning. By dang, I was going to catch the flu in the first 48 hours to get on tamiflu.

But, it wasn't the flu. And her throat looked good. And her ears looked good. And so I guess it's just a fever virus. (Scared me to death when she was running a 104 fever today. That is the highest fever any of my kids have ever run.) So we came home.

And this kid didn't stop talking from the time she woke up yesterday morning until she went to bed last night...except for that super long 30 minute nap I got her to take.


When I say she never quit talking....I mean, SHE NEVER QUIT TALKING. Not to mention, I couldn't keep her out of Big Man's face...or out from under my boobs. And yes I mean boobs. Everytime I pumped, the kid was underneath me and touching every piece of pump equipment. I accidentally had it on a high setting when I started pumping and she touched it and asked me if it hurt. I yelled at her. Not what I wanted to yell. I wanted to yell, HELL YEAH THIS HURTS. GET AWAY. I just yelled for her to stop touching everything...and then I started crying because I felt so guilty for yelling.

FAIL.

Then I tried to do a little tummy time wtih this little man.



This was about 30 seconds after I laid him on the blanket.

FAIL.

While I'm totally starting to get the hang of having 3 kids...I am a total failure multiple times a day, but I felt like a big failure yesterday. Today wasn't much better but some. Hopefully tomorrow will be a turnaround.


1 comment: