Ms. O had her spring field trip to Cedar Hill Farms yesterday. Since this week is my last week off of work and Mr. Man is now at nursery, I decided to accompany her. The way they do field trips is just crazy and asinine to me. Even though parents go I would expect the class to stay together and do all of the activities together. But no. Not even close. You get there and the parents check the kids out and those kids do their own thing.
O fed some goats. She petted one of the donkeys and maybe a miniature horse. And she was over that.
But the day wouln't be complete without her signature pose.
I guess at least she doesn't look drunk.
But no, seriously. She was over the animals in about a minute and a half. She didn't even want to go ride the train or see the Easter bunny (if he was even there. we wouldn't know...please read on.) Basically all Cedar Hill Farms is to my kids is a park. It's got a petting zoo, a train, pony rides, etc. etc. But all this kid wanted to do was play on the playground.
On the bright side, they have this super HUGE tunnel slide that this kid LOVED!
And in between slides she would come over and want me to push her on the tire swing.
In true mommy with 3 kids 4 and under fashion, I forgot our lunch. I waited in line for EVER to get us some grub. Lesson learned. To hell with remembering the bottles for the baby on field trip day...remember the real food for the field tripper. Or maybe try really hard to remember both...because who really needs more than 3 consecutive hours of sleep to remember things.
Then we went on the hay ride to hunt eggs.
Please excuse the look of a receding hair line. I don't think my hair line is really receding...but maybe I'm wrong.
We were trying to go with the rest of the class. But by the time we got there, the more than half of the class that went on the first trailer had gotten their 12 eggs and were waiting in line to head on back. fail.
But let me reassure you...that didn't stop this little diva from getting her 12 eggs.
Even though we spent 90% of our time on the playground...I think this field trip was a success.
Even though we spent 90% of our time on the playground...I think this field trip was a success.
No comments:
Post a Comment