Well, I didn't go to the Zoo entirely by myself. I mean, I got up, got 3 kids ready, loaded them in the car, and got them throught the gate by myself. We met some friends there. And thank goodness they are the kind of good friends that help you watch your kids and aren't bashful about telling them they can/can't do something when I'm preoccupied.
It ended up being a successful trip. We started out in Cat Country. I don't think we will ever walk through there without reminiscing about the time the tiger was looking at O like he wanted to eat her. Seriously.
There is a sting ray petting exhibit there right now. Of course my girls didn't want to do it. I refused to pay the money for them to go in there and hold on to my leg the whole time. So we rode the rides they had set up in conjunction with the sting rays.
It ended up being a successful trip. We started out in Cat Country. I don't think we will ever walk through there without reminiscing about the time the tiger was looking at O like he wanted to eat her. Seriously.
There is a sting ray petting exhibit there right now. Of course my girls didn't want to do it. I refused to pay the money for them to go in there and hold on to my leg the whole time. So we rode the rides they had set up in conjunction with the sting rays.
They had SO MUCH FUN!
This picture says it all.
I think they were totally bored with the boats. I pried them away from there and we caught back up with the sting ray petters and went to see the rest of the animals.
The kid crew.
Not too bad of a photo for an 11 year old, 4 year old, 3 year old, and 2 - 2 year olds.
Lawes didn't make the group photo.
He pretty much snoozed the whole time. He absolutely refused to take a bottle. I guess he only likes to eat drink in the comfort of his own home.
I think I post photos of the giraffes and the elephants every time we go to the zoo. They are my fave...with the swinging monkeys.
The last thing we did was ride the carousel. I think this may be the girls favorite thing to do at the zoo...right behind play on the playground (which they did while the mommies were getting lunch - and I was attempting to give the baby a bottle).
B chose a Panda
There's that dog hanging out of the window face again.
O chose the Tiger
She is my ham!
This picture might fool you into thinking they treat each other like this all the time!
After the Zoo, we went to get ice cream yogurt. Chocolate with...wait for it...skittles. GROSS! I mean...it was really gross. I tried it. But that's what they wanted...and they ate it all. It was certainly stressful and a whole heckuvalotta work, but I proved to myself that day that I can do this. I can do this.
No comments:
Post a Comment