Dance recital 2013 - Success...kind of.
We had practice Thursday and Friday nights after school. It was crazy hectic those 2 days. Daddy was working late so I had all 3 kids.The baby had to eat at 6 (schedule, people) The girls had to be taken taken back to line up at different times...twice each. I'm totally that mom that people talked about because I let my kids run crazy. I was that mom I used to talk about. There are lots of things I can't believe people let their kids do or not do. Mostly that they are too strict. I can honestly say almost everything I ever gasped about when I saw people do (or not do) it with/to their kids...I haven't eaten my words yet. Until this. I totally can't control 3 kids by myself.
Saturday was pretty great. If you don't count the fact that I spent 2 hours Saturday morning yelling at everyone because NOBODY but me was trying to get ready for this thing. Or that I started drinking wine a noon. We were actually on time. Yes. On time for 2 events in a row. I better watch out...people might start expecting it from me.
O had her New York, New York dance first.
How cute is she!
And she did SUCH a great job dancing!
I think she had fun too!
This is one of my favorite picture of the day! The kids loves to dance.
B on the other hand. I think she likes the attention.
Their frog costumes were SO stinking cute. She didn't even cry when I took her around to get on stage.
But you see her stellar dance moves? Me either. Because this kid just kind of did the moves she wanted to do. You know there's always that one kid that EVERYBODY laughs at. Well, this year it was my kid. I was so embarrassed. Beck's dances were super close together so after her frog dance we rushed to get her chef costume on.
Now this is cute right here!
This is why people were laughing:
You don't see that? Yes. That is my child acting a fool on stage. She totally didn't care. I wish I had a video to show you. It was hysterical looking back on it. But it wasn't so funny when it was happening.
Ms. O was a ham. She is my artsy child.
She danced so well.
And they both got trophies and flowers when it was all said and done.
I'm sure the program was great. I didn't get to see much of it. The hazard of having 2 children in a dance recital is that Mama spends most of her time in the back getting kids dressed and changed and dropping off at one side and picking up on the other. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off.
After the stressful morning I had, I really did bust open a bottle of merlot at noon. I was a much nicer person who yelled a lot less the rest of the day.
I did have the cutest New York dancer, frog, lion, and chef there ever was.
No comments:
Post a Comment