Saturday we spent most of the day at the pool. This has been one of my best summers since the summer after my freshman year of college when I lifeguarded and laid out in my mom's pool on a raft all.summer.long. The days of relaxing at the pool are gone for a few years, but at least I'm in the water.
B was terrified of jumping off the side of the pool last weekend.
But I think she got over it.
I've been pretty adamant about not buying 2 piece swimsuts for the girls. They are babies. There is no reason for them to show their tummies. But we inherited a two piece from our cousins, so they were fighting over it. Because of this I went and bought another one. And the place I went had swimsuits on sale...so I bought 2 and 1 for next year
The swimsuits are super cute even if they are 2 pieces...and even if I did have buyer's remorse after I left the store.
I know I'm not the most conservative person in the world, but I do feel strongly about teaching my girls modesty. I wear a bikini. I don't think it's wrong to wear a bikini. I just want them to learn that it's okay to keep yourself covered up. And let's be honest, I already have a problem with them keeping their clothes on.
The issue of modesty is being discussed on social media quite a bit lately and I have a few opinions on that. But believe it or not...I'm not going to post them here...just becuase that would require typing a lot of words...and right now I don't feel like typing a lot of words.
Here's the only photo I got of O that day.
B decided she wanted to take her floaties off and try to swim.
The kid swam all the way from the steps to where the pool starts turning into the deep end. THEN she would jump off of the side and swim to me. I could not believe it. O wouldn't even entertain the idea.
But then Sunday when I got O to wear this...
(Yay for a one piece!)
B only swam to me once. I think both girls were completely worn out from swimming literally all day the day before. I know I sure was. But I love the water. LOVE the water!
Is it Saturday yet?
(Yay for a one piece!)
B only swam to me once. I think both girls were completely worn out from swimming literally all day the day before. I know I sure was. But I love the water. LOVE the water!
Is it Saturday yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment