Friday, September 17, 2010

The Alphabet Project

So, since I'm now a stay home mom I am trying my best to be the ultimate teacher (ha ha!). Right after labor day I started trying to teach Olivia her letters. She can sing most of her ABCs now, that is, if she decides to sing with me instead of screaming, "BLAH BLAH BLAH" over my singing. We spend about 30 minutes every 3 days or so learning a new letter. We draw the letter, talk about things that start with that letter (Olivia has the attention span of a 2 year old so you can only imagine how long this lasts), and then we make the letter out of something that starts with that letter. You can see that I didn't come up with that brilliant idea until B. Then we spend the next couple of days talking about that letter. Since we just did C yesterday she still thinks it's the moon. I think that might be the toughest one. If you have any ideas of what we can make other letters out of I would really appreciate some ideas. I'm stumped on D.


6 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea! But sorry, all I can come up with for D is dog food! ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. D for Dots! You could do polka dots

    cute cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you always have plenty of dirty diapers....just kidding! Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea - love the updates! Dates, dove feathers (smile!), daisies...

    ReplyDelete