Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Opening Day of Dove Season

Well, it's here. Hunting season. I didn't get to perch out in the fields and drink beer while the men shot the doves this year. I mean, if you can't beat 'em...join 'em! Right? I was inside with a sleeping baby...listening to quite possibly the worst loss in Ole Miss history. I'm not going to announce that I'm no longer a fan. I mean...it's Ole Miss and we all know that disappointment is always in order. But I digress. Olivia, however, went hunting with her daddy for the first time. Andrew said she didn't get scared when the gun went off and when he got back with the dove she picked it up and tried to shake all of the feathers off. She only wanted to go inside when she got hot. I'm proud of our little hunter.

I dressed the girls in their matching Ole Miss shirts their Biscuit gave them. Sorry Biscuit, but they may not get to wear these shirts again...bad luck, you know!


Olivia and her Grampa after she woke up from her nap.

You see Olivia's boo boo. She went forehead first down the outside stairs only to hit her head on the concrete step. But by golly she got to go on her first dove hunt.





1 comment:

  1. Love it...I am ready for the girls to come to the Grove!

    ReplyDelete