Just call me Ultimate Birthday Party mom. It's so weird that I think birthdays are such a big deal and I don't go all out with our birthday parties. I just can't get it together. I threw B's birthday party together in 3 days. I have only invited family to birthday parties up to this point, and since everyone was going to be in town for Easter anyway, I decided this would be not big feat. It was easy peasy.
I ordered the cake, bought some drinks, and my cousin's wife offered up their house.
The girls had a great time.
We did have a little scare at the pool. The girls were outside around the pool. I was watching them, but I needed to walk inside for something. There were other adults outside, so I didn't feel like my kids weren't being watched. Something made me walk back outside and through the porch window I see Beckett face down in the pool. Fortunately she was flailing her arms and legs and holding her breath. You have never seen a woman run so fast. I ran straight into the pool with all of my clothes on and my camera around my neck. Clothes soaked, camera ruined, but safe baby. I was a wreck the rest of the day. A WRECK! I couldn't stop crying and what if -ing.
I learned a couple of lessons that day. ONE: NO ONE watches your kids as close as Mom does. I knew where my kids were every second for the rest of the weekend...and it wasn't close to a pool unless I was standing over them. TWO: My kids won't be around a pool with anyone other than me until they learn how to swim.
And as if my day wasn't bad enough, my uncle went to get me a change of clothes from his house and he brings me a Mississippi State shirt. I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth.
But enough about water and ugly shirts. This little girl had a big time.
B was okay. Scared of the water, but still wanted to put her swimsuit on.
B was still so excited it was her birthday party and everyone was singing Happy Birthday to her!
I think B wins the cutest 2 year old award hands down!
Happy Birthday Party B!
What a scare!! I am SO nervous around pools, especially with other people's kids, because I feel like no one is watching any of the kids as closely as I do! And I laughed about the MSU shirt...added insult to injury, didn't it! :-) So glad it all turned out okay and that Beckett had a great birthday! (and I can't get my s*** together either when it comes to planning parties...love birthdays, hate party planning!)
ReplyDeleteThat happened to me when I was pregnant with E. Charlotte and I were at a friends pool and somehow she wandered off to the deep end with no floaties on. Her lips were blue when we got her out. I've never been so scared in my life.
ReplyDeleteIf your kids ever need a proper birthday party, just call me! I LOVE planning parties and go to ridiculous lengths to make them super cute and special!