Check out what I got in my email Wednesday morning.
Dear Friend of St. Jude,
Our pre-registration special is now open!
Earn your race entry, a two-night stay at your choice of the DoubleTree hotel or the downtown Marriott and more when you commit to raising $2,500.
Best of all, you'll be helping the kids of St. Jude battle cancer and other deadly diseases.
This offer expires April 30, 2012, and hotel rooms are limited. Register today to reserve your spot. Email us at stjudeheroes@stjude.org or call 1-800-608-2936 for more information.
Sincerely,
The St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend Team
Since my new hobby of the moment is running, I'm thinking about trying out the half marathon. It doesn't hurt my cause that Juice Plus is the event sponsor. Even better...I'm thinking about trying to raise $2,500 for St. Jude. Not because I need to stay in a room downtown or because I need my entry fee paid for, but because St. Jude is such an awesome organization.
I did some work for a subsidiary of St. Jude a few year ago, I had the priveledge of getting to tour the facilities. If you have never taken a tour of St. Jude...DO IT! It is A-MAZING! It will make your heart smile and cry at the same time.
BUT...before I start raising money for St. Jude, O is raising money for St. Jude. On May 1 they will have their Trike-a-thon at her school.
She wants YOU to help her to raise the most money of all of the kids in her school. If you would like to help her out by donating to St. Jude, you can send me an email at
and I'll give you some information on it (and Juice Plus if you are interested - yes, a shameless plug).
Happy Friday, Y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment