Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I Finished!

I know you have been refreshing your computer screen every hour for teh last 2 days trying to see how my race went. 

I left work a few minutes early on Friday to get to Greenwood to pick up my packet.  I made a detour to buy some new shoes.  I debated heavily over whether or not I should wear my new running shoes to the race.  I decided...what the heck!  The new shoes couldn't hurt my feet any more than the shoes I had been wearing, so the new ones it was.  I got Nike Free Run +2.  Maybe not the best running shoe, but SO much better than my 7 year old New Balance walking shoes.

So...I started here with the rest of my family that ran the 5k/half marathon (Uncle Steve, Aunt Bethie, Sis in Law Julia - 5kers Uncle Wayne and Aunt Kim - half marthoners).



And I FINISHED!!!


And so did my non competitive sister in law winning her age group.


It was hot and I ran it faster than I thought I would, but still not as fast as I would have liked.

29 minutes 6 seconds.

I seriously am just proud of finishing the race (running the entire way).

I was really sad that the hubs and my girls weren't there to cheer me on at my first race, but I guess that's the nature of the beast.  I'm sure that I've never complained about it before, but I HATE tax season.


2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! So proud. You did awesome for your first race ever. 29 minutes are you kidding me?

    We should have gotten a little bloggy picture. Dang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's incredible! You are such a liar about not being a runner! Under 30 mins is fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete