We had such a big time this Christmas! We started out Christmas Eve day with dinner with Nana and Scott. They gave Olivia and Beckett a playhouse. Of course Beckett isn't quite big enough to use it, but don't you worry. She'll get plenty of use out of it and I'm afraid it will be sooner rather than later. She took her first step yesterday. Yep, my 8 month old took a step. But I digress. So as cold as it was, nothing would do but for Olivia to go in and out and in and out and...you get the point.
I actually spent my very first Christmas Eve away from my entire family. It was bitter sweet. I know I am starting new traditions with my husband and my girls, but it was kind of sad because for 28 years Christmas Eve has always been the night we got together with my mom's side of the family - and it was always a big gathering. We had a small meal, the girls opened their present from mom and dad (our new tradition of Christmas pajamas), and got a bath.
Before the girls went to bed we read the Christmas story from the Gospel of Luke. They didn't really listen, but I read it anyway. That is not only the most important part of Christmas, but my favorite part of Christmas. Santa came to our house early. This is what he brought.
Still not sure where we're going to put all of this stuff.
We got up and hung around the house just long enough for Olivia to open everything Santa brought both of the girls. Then we headed out to Greenwood for Christmas lunch with Poppy and Dee. Santa Claus stoped by to make sure the girls liked their gifts.
Unky Ollie and Aunt Julia were their with their 2011 present. They are due March 21, but we are expecting Elizabeth Magee a little sooner than that.
The gifts of the day...
I didn't know a rain coat and a "brella" could get anyone so excited. The squeal that came out of this little girls was so funny.
I am not sure where our cousins Graham and Strain (okay, really their mom Katherine) got this doll, but Beckett LOVES it. It is allergan free. We don't have bad allergies, but if you do, this is a super cute doll and my 8 month old gets excited everytime I hand it to her.
You are seeing this right. It's a power washer. My grandmother has been wanting one for, well, ever. My mom said she got my grandfather's gift for Poppy, like she does every year. But lo and behold, this year he had already gotten her a gift and it rode around in the back of his car for 2 weeks. I can't believe she didn't see it. She was as excited as Olivia was about her raincoat...without the squealing.
We had to skip out on dinner with my dad's side of the family this year. My aunt and uncle were hosting at their house and their kids had the stomach bug. We weren't going to risk getting it, so we ate at dad's house instead. You see Olivia's great gift of the night...It's a Pillow. It's a Pet. It's a Pillow Pet. She loves it and has slept with it every night since she got it.
Before Olivia's birthday party on December 26 we had Christmas with Papaw (Andrew's dad). The girls got some great things from him. I think Olivia liked pulling Sissy around in the wagon the best. They also got Elf on the Shelf from Papaw's friend. I can't wait until next year!
All in all, it was a great first Christmas as a family of 4!
No comments:
Post a Comment