Friday, July 8, 2011

Just Because I Know You Want to Know Random Facts About Me

Yesterday was a day for the books.  The book to be shut and never opened again.  Olivia had been complaining about her back hurting since we got home from Chi-town, so I decided to take her to the doctor to have it checked out.  Because kids complain about a head hurt, an arm hurt, and a leg hurt...but a back hurt?  So the doc checked her out.  No kidney infection.  So then she had to give a urine sample...so we waited and waited....and waited...and waited...and it was lunch time.  We put a diaper on over the baggy and went to Chick fil A.  When we got back to the doc she had tinkled...Hallelujah!  But it had all leaked into the diaper...BOO!  So again...we waited...and waited


...and waited...and waited.  And a sprite, a diet coke, a cup of water, playing in the water in the sink, and a bribe of M&Ms later...she peed in the bag!  And guess what...SHE'S JUST FINE!  There were trace amounts of blood in her urine so the doc wanted to do a culture, but expects everything to be fine.

Now, since I've been slacking on my 5 QF, and I know you have been dying to know random facts about me...here goes!
1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (Schools in Indiana have now voted to take teaching cursive writing out of their curriculum.)

Okay, I'll say this about cursive writing...I don't use it.  I write in print most of the time.  HOWEVER....I will testify to you that I do sometimes get in a hurry and use a print cursive mix.  If I hadn't learned how to write in cursive, I couldn't do that.

Personally I don't have an opinion on that.  I think it would be very sad if we lost the art of cursive because some people have such beautiful penmanship using cursive writing.


2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?

I still use a pocket calendar.  I put as much as I can remember to put in my smart phone.  I just can't seem to remember to put stuff in there.  I mean, it takes forever to type the stuff in.  It take much less time to pull out my planner and write it down.  Just call me lazy.

3. What 3 things would you save if your house was burning down? (family & pets are already safe)

1.  My photos - including photos actually printed and my electronic hard drive and camera that have ALL of my photos of my kids.

2.  A pre civil war piece of furniture that my grandmother has generously "let me borrow"

3.  A lingerie chest my mom gave us when we got married

Is it weird that I would save furniture over other things?  I mean, I feel like everything else is replaceable...and a lot of it probably NEEDS to be replaced anyway.

4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?

Town mouse for me.  Yes, that's right.  I'm not a city mouse and I'm not a country mouse. I'm a town mouse.  I don't love the city.  I mean, I absolutely LOVE to visit the city.  Any city.  But I could not imagine living in the city.  It would be cool for a couple of months, but city folk don't have yards.  Where would I put that massive swing set my girls love so much.

I also LOVE to visit the country.  I love to fish and ride 4 wheelers and walk around in the woods and play in the creek.  But I hate being 20 minutes from a grocery store or a gas station or a school.

If I could choose...I'd choose living in a town of 50,000ish give or take a few.  That way I could live out of town enough I felt like I was living in the country but in town enough that I could get places in less than 20 minutes.  I guess I'm hard to please.

5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick?

Well, the only reality show I really like these days...Dancing With the Stars.  And since I'm not a star and I'm not a professional dance instructor (nor am I a non-professional dance instructor), then I guess that is out of the question.  I guess I could be in the audience and the camera could stop on my for a few seconds.  Would that count?

I think the rest of the reality shows make the people on them look like complete idiots.  So I pass on reality TV.

I just realized I didn't tell you my 5 thanks in June.  How ungrateful of me!  I will come back strong in July. PROMISE!

Happy Friday y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment