Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What's In The News?

I don't generally make political comments on my blog.  I don't think I've ever talked politics on my blog, except maybe ridiculing the idiocy of some of our Congressmen's transgressions.  But I read something last week that ruffled my feathers.

I quit watching national news or reading about it on the internet about 10 months ago.  Call me uninformed or any name you want.  I just got sick and tired of the same song next verse.  I got so disenchanged by our sorry excuse for elected politicians.  I mean, these people are elected to go to Washington and vote the way their constituents want them to.  They are supposed to be a representative of the people.  (You'll see more on how I feel about this if I ever get through reading my current book.) Quite honestly, I don't think it is possible for our politicians to care any less for the American citizens...except WAIT!  Eric Cantor was standing up against President Obama and his posse on the debt limit.  GO ERIC!

Why do I say this?  Because I don't want this country to crumble.  We are on the verge of crumbling from within just like so many of the other great nations that came before us.  People like our wonderful Nancy Pelosi don't help anything.

So, do you want to know what I read that ruffled my feathers?  Okay, well, it really made me laugh out loud.  Nancy Pelosi was quoted as saying,

"I myself am almost too busy to continue listening to some of the things that are going on in that room"

Huh?  Really?  She's too busy?  Isn't this what we taxpayers of the USA pay her to do?  I'm totally confused.



No comments:

Post a Comment