Monday, July 11, 2011

The Windy City...Part Deux

And just so you know...it's not a good idea to stay up until almost 2 am when you have to be downtown for a boat ride on the hotest day of the year in Chicago by 9 am. AND...don't wear jeans when the weatherman calls for heat.

Because although I was the ONLY one of the four of us that was not hungover (thanks to controlling my alcohol consumption and Juice Plus), it was hot as hell under a heat advisory. 

On our walk over to dock where we were going to board the Architectural Boat Tour we stopped at CVS to stock up on drinks and something to fill our bellies.  I had just taken some Juice Plus and dayquil because my tonsils were rotting out and I didn't want to get nauseous after popping so many pills.

When we were riding up on that boat at 10:30 AM it was so hot I think my skin was about to melt off of my body.  I couldn't take pictures because I couldn't move. I felt sweat running down my back into my jeans to my butt crack and could do NOTHING.

This is the only photo I got...ONLY because I felt like I needed at least one photo. 


After this extremely hot hour and 40 minutes, we hopped an air conditioned bus and headed over to the Museum of Science and Industry. AWESOME place to go with kids.  I mean, it was pretty cool for 2 kids at heart.  The hubs and I heart stuff like this.  My BFF got us tickets to the Body World exhibit.


In case you can't tell from the photo these are real dead people that have been "pickled".  It was very cool, but made me want to throw up in my mouth a little bit too. AWESOME exhibit, though.  If you have a chance...I recommend it.

Millenium Park? The Bean? Yes please.


After we saw this, it was all I could take of the heat.  I smelled awful and was ready for a shower. So return to her apartment in Bucktown and get a shower we did!

And my sweet friend made me a birthday cake...with 24 candles.  Because, yes, she loves me and knows that it is much easier to turn 24 than to turn 30.



I failed to get any more photos after this moment, but we ate at the BEST place called Hot Chocolate with my BFF, her fiance, and another sweet couple from my hometown that lives in the suburbs.

We couldn't leave without getting some deep dish...so Sunday before we headed out, we all loaded up and went to Lou Malnati's.  Can I just say YUM-MY pizza....and I don't like thick crust.

After about 9 hours of driving and not speaking and fighting and not speaking and not speaking some more we finally made it home.  No worries...we spoke to each other the next day.  Probably because we had to discuss something with the girls.  And we couldn't remember exactly what we were fighting about the next day.  (Well, maybe we could remember, but we just didn't feel like fighting anymore.)  But we made it.  It was a GREAT weekend and a great way to celebrate the end of my 20s and the beginning of a new decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment