Thursday, August 23, 2012

I'm So Baffled

Things that are baffling me today:

 - Why my 3 year old argues with me about everything.

O: "Mom this isn't the way home."
Mama: "Yes it is."
O: "No it's not."
Mama: "Yes it is."
O: "No it's not."
Mama: "Okay."

O: "Mom why did we just pass that Chick fil A?"
Mama: "What Chick fil A? We haven't passed one yet."
O: "Yes we did, back there."
Mama: "No we didn't."
O: "Yes we did, back there."
Mama: "Don't argue with me."

 I'm in for it. I just know it.

 -  Why can't I remember a thought I had less than 30 seconds before? I think I'm losing my mind.

 - A mattress store is going out of business. They've been going out of business since they opened the store. And last time I went in there to get 2 box springs for my twin beds...they were expecting more inventory. Hmmmmm...but EVERYTHING MUST GO!

 - I am obsessed with Ninja stuff. Like 7 year old boy fascinated with ninja stuff. I mean, the word is even cool to say. NINJA! But like real ninjas that do obstacle courses and stuff.

- I found out disturbing news about my daycare yesterday. It may have involved a bus and a boy. If it did involve a boy, the boy is doing fine. My problem with it is...my daycare hides their mistakes. They don't own up to them. Parents find out through the grapevine. Which makes parents upset. This is why I get so aggravated when we change teachers a thousand times.


 - Why do people drive cars like this?

2012 Scion iQ

It seems to me like if this car got in a wreck...it would be smushed as flat as a pancake. Wait, it's already almost as flat as a pancake. So, what's flatter than a pancake? Fuel efficient, yes. Practical, no. Safe - how can it be? It may bet be safest car on the road. Too bad I can't fit 3 kids and 2 adults in it.

 - I have been boycotting the Today show. I really liked Ann Curry. Nothing against Samantha, I just think the way NBC "let her go" was disgusting. Okay. So, I'm not baffled by that. NBC is run by a bunch of looney toons. I have started watching Good Morning America. Since I only catch bits and pieces of what is going on anyway, I don't really mind the ridiculousness of pop news that is all they show. I really only have the TV on so I can catch the weather.

Okay, so I caught this today. People are giving a mother grief over going on a vacation and leaving her 10 week old home with her mother in law. The problem? I don't see one. Let's be honest. A 2 month old isn't going to ever remember that the mom left it to go on vacation. I'm pretty sure the kids isn't going to be scarred for life. Maybe this is a fake mom writing this article for attention. Maybe not. I'm baffled as to why this is news.

I guess this is all. At least all for now. I'm sure something else will happen in the next 15 minutes that completely makes me go...REALLY?!?!?!?!?!

Tomorrow is a big day at our house. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. My 3 year old also likes to argue with me over stupid shit like that. I finally started ignoring him when he started talking like that. I'd say yes the sky is blue and we're not talking about this. and turn up the music in the car! LOL! Great parenting tips from me!

    ReplyDelete