Lately I have been doing anything I can think of to wear the girls out on Saturday in hope that I will get a good night sleep that night. Since hunting season has started I am on my own and so the earlier I can get the girls to bed, the more football I can watch...and the more sanity I keep.
Last weekend we met my aunt (the one that is only like 6 years older than me and it is weird calling her my aunt) and her girls at the zoo. I'm still waiting for her to send me the pictures. I had my camera, but I left my camera card in my computer. And this 2005 phone that I'm using doesn't take pictures. Or maybe it does, but if I does I wouldn't have been able to do anything with them except leave them on the phone. We were at the zoo for 4 hours. This was one tired Mama! We normally stay for about an hour and half or maybe 2 hours and then head on out. But 4 hours after our arrival B fell off of an arch thingy at the playground and busted her nose and her teeth...all of which are still attached and functioning...and so we immediately left to spare the rest of the parents the bloody murder screams.
This Saturday I took the girls to Fire Safety day. The City puts it on every year to teach kids about fire safety. We got our finger prints taken and swabs so if they ever go missing they can identify my kids. We looked at the animals from the shelter. We learned what to do if there is a fire in the house. We watched a mini "house" get burned up and firemen put it out. We ate hot dogs. And B was determined to get her face painted. We stood in line 3 times in between doing other things and FINALLY!
O didn't want to get her face painted until she saw Sis. And magically she wanted to do it too.
Kitty Cat!
Flower Power!
This is the SWEETEST photo.
Thank goodness for my friend Stacy. If she wasn't always snapping photos with her phone I would have been photoless over the past 3 or 4 months. It was raining and when I got out of the car I forgot to switch my camera from my purse to the diaper bag. Typical.
The girls also got to sit in a fire truck.
This might have been their favorite part of the day.
While I was standing in line waiting on the fingerprints and the facepaint, O got tired of waiting. She wanted to go check stuff out. I let her go as far as I could see her. Normally the kid is stuck to my leg. Not this time. She would go as far as I would let her. I was so proud of how brave she was. Just brave enough! Even though she is getting close to being 4 she is so tiny she looks like she is 2. Every time she walked up to a booth the adults were looking for her parent with looks of sheer panic on their faces. Then she would say thank you and come running back to me.
Okay, so I know this is a really boring "scrapbook"/mommy can't remember yesterday blog post. Maybe once I get my full some brain functionality back I will be able to get back to business. Or maybe one day when I am completely delierous I will stop playing mindless games like solitaire and be able to write something that has more depth than this is what we did today. But I'm not making any promises.
No comments:
Post a Comment