I give the Mid-South Fair a big thumbs down.
Two little girls in our house begged to go to the Fair every.single.time. we passed by the big Ferris go round that had all of the lights on it. On Thursday night htey randomly brought it up and beeeeeegggggged to go. I thought I could put it off by telling them we could only go if Daddy got home in time and he said ok. I wasn't expecting him until 7:30 or 8pm which is supper and bedtime...so I figured I had outsmarted them. Little did I know their dad was going to walk in the door about 10 minutes later. And not only did he get home early, but he said we would take them.
SO...against my will with a smile on my face we loaded up and headed to the Mid South Fair. We dropped a small fortune on entrance fees and ride coupons. I was really afraid they weren't going to let the girls ride anything because they were so short. Luckily for them they either weren't check heights (on all but one ride) or the girls were going through teh gate too fast for them to tell if they were big enough.
They wanted to play this fishing game, but when we paid for it they both panicked and decided they didn't want to do it. After about 30 seconds of trying to coax the girls to catch their own fish, the creepy carni guy said, why don't you just do it for them. GAH dude...don't you know anything. If I don't force them do it themselves I'm going to have to do it for them for the rest of their lives. And really, I have already spent the last 3 years wiping rearends, noses, and dressing them. They can connect to magnets together by themselves. Capeesh. UGH! O ended up catching her fish, but I accidentally caught B's for her.
Well, she helped...kinda. And after they "caught" their fish, they both tried to pick out on of those nasty carnival stuffed animals. Being the persuasive mother that I am, I talked them into these.
Yes, multicolored glow swords. They beat the crap out of each other on the way home, but it was totally worth not having a nasty carnival stuffed animal laying on the floor in my house.
Then we had to ride the merry go round. I'm not sure why they can't seem to get the word carousel or why they decided to ride on the "couch".
I think they are waving to me. Or maybe they are practicing for a beauty pageant
We let them ride a few more rides before we fattened them up with the all time best fair food (and only fair food I will eat), PRONTO PUPS!!!
(For the record, I have had a fried snickers and it was TERRIBLE. And I love snickers. And fried food.)
We were actually trying to leave and get them Taco Bell, but they insisted they wanted a corn dog. The only reason I cared is because I knew they would take about 3 bites and be done. But the joke was on me. By the time we got in the car they had both devoured the entire corndog.
I guess overall as a fair I was disappointed. There weren't as many rides as I expected and not as much stuff there in general as I expected. Even the little kids rides weren't great. They had 3 rides that were all the exact same ride. The girls had fun and that is what mattered, but they are going to both have to grow a few inches before we can take them to an amusement park.
When we did the carousel at the zoo Charlotte used to always want to ride on the "couch". It made me crazy to pay $4 to sit on a couch and go in a circle!
ReplyDelete