I'm not sure if our daycare thinks the parents of the kids that go there are terrible parents that don't spend time with their kids to what, but they are alway having us do some project so we can spend time together. This really cramps my style sometimes...especially when I have errands to run all weekend or have birthday parties from sun up to sun down to take my kids to or am just plain tired from growing another human being inside of my body.
But my kids aren't going to be left out. We picked out pumpkins for them to paint for their GREAT PUMPKIN thingy at school.
The girls painted them all by themselves.
O wanted hers to be pink.
B wanted hers to be blue.
We had to let them dry so we finished them the next night. I really would have let them finish them the same night except that we didn't get done painting them until almost bedtime.
O wanted a pig pumpkin.
I painted a paper cup the same color pink as her pumpkin. I cut out the ears and the eyes. I let her glue the eyes and the nose on with Elmer's glue and then I reinforced it with the hot glue gun. The ears fell off and so I ended up getting straight pins and pinning htem into the pumpkin. Pretty cute, huh?
B wanted to make hers a shark. Thanks to my Beau for that one. How on God's green earth do you make a pumpkin look like a shark. I mean, I had some ideas...but they were all difficult. And right now...difficult shark is not on my to do list.
So I convinced her she needed an easy bunny.
I cut out the ears, the nose, the eyes, and the teeth. I let B put them on the pumpkin with elmer's glue...and again I reiforced it with the hot glue gun. I then proceeded to put hot glue on the cotton bals and let B place them on the face. She started out okay and then got one WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY away from the others. I tried to move it and the glue got on my finger. Painful is an understatement. It melted all of the flesh off of my finger.
This was about 2 days later...and it doesn't look as bad as it felt.
And it doesn't show how bad it hurt when I got a paper cut on top of the burn...twice.
These pumpkins are cute, but I'm not sure if they were worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment