The sun was out! All.day.long on Monday! We went down to the beach bright and early. Apparently my kids didn't get the memo that vacation is for sleeping in and chilling out.
The Mister took the girls down to the ocean.
Of course they thought a shark was going to get them. They probably should have been more scared that the rip current was going to get them because 2 people had to be rescued by other beach goers that day. One was fine. The other hitched a ride to the hospital via ambulance.
This kid got in the water
But only for a split second before the blood curdling scream pierced my eardrum and I quickly returned to the beach for some shade for him and sun for me. Kid was sentenced to shoveling sand for the next 10 minutes.
Again, this kid wouldn't put her rear in the sand.
But this one ended up covered in it from head to toe.
Chaffed bottom be damned.
And how did I get the little man to chill...
Just got him milk drunk...
and he passed right on out.
I'm pretty sure I had the cutest little bathing beauties at the beach.
Alas! She sat...
and she slung sand...everywhere.
I think day 3 at the beach was a success. We went back up to the room for lunch and the irritable stinkers decided they didn't want to go back to the beach. I was all woe is me, but we compromised on the swimming pool while Dad stayed up with Little Man napping.
We met some of our dear friends that we only get to see once a year for supper that night. I would share some photos, but the only ones I got were of Matthew's crotch and blurry pictures of the girls taking pictures of each other taking pictures of each other.
Thank goodness for one full day of sunshine!
No comments:
Post a Comment