Thursday, August 1, 2013

I'm No Longer a Novice

I have officially left the title of Novice Mama behind. I now give myself the title of Professional. Or Rock Star Mama. Probably Rock Star, because it sounds like much more fun.

The Mister has been stressed. Stressed with work. And he's been taking a class on top of that. And he had a final he had to take on Friday night. I'm pretty sure that since he had been going in to work at 5 am and not getting home until 7 pm most nights for the last 2 weeks that he barely studied for the test.

So me, being the loving (debatably crazy) wife that I am...I took all 3 kids to eat tacos.


I've taken the girls to eat by myself, but never all 3 kids.


We went to our usual spot where everybody knows us. It makes me laugh how every Mexican guy that works in there loves my kids. Or any kid for that matter. Or maybe we are just friendly enough that they don't think we care that they touch all over my 7 month old.


But the girls behaved beautifully and they ate better than I've seen them eat in weeks. Score for me!


and Little Man just sat in his seat and talked. No fussing. Another score for me!


I even managed to keep them contained while I was paying the bill.

So what better way to celebrate the move from Novice Mama of 3 to Rock Star Mama of 3? Ice Cream (aka frozen yogurt)


And lo and behold...they were all 3 good here too!


the good Lord must have just been watching out for the Mister. Because if these kids had been bad...this would have NEVER happened again.

And I'm certain you can't imagine what we did on Saturday. Not only am I awesome for taking the kids out to eat so the Mister can take a final, but I keep all 3 kids every Saturday so he can go work on his duck hole. (Yes, I'm bragging on what a great wife I am. Shamelessly. Because 3 kids is hard. Hard I tell ya!) We ususally go swimming. Which is what we did Saturday. Shocker, I know!

But much to my surprise...



Not only was B swimming without floaties, but O was swimming without them too! And I wasn't even in the pool to catch her. I didn't panic for 2 reasons...
1. I was sitting close enough I could grab her if I needed to
2. I had seen her swim without floaties before and she rocked it. She was just scared to do it away from the steps.

So there is our list of accomplishments for the weekend. I think we rocked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment