As if Christmas Eve Eve wasn't enough fun, I decided to break bad with the salt dough ornaments yesterday morning. I messed up and told the kids when we got home from our shenanigans the night before that we were going to make ornaments "in the morning". These kids don't forget. THEY DON'T FORGET.
So I prepped everything about 37 seconds after I got out of bed at 6:30 am.
They kneaded the dough.
Cut shapes out with cookie cutters.
Whined about getting their hands messy.
Made a mess.
I cleaned it up.
We cooked the ornaments for a few hours.
They came back and made a mess painted the ornaments.
And we let them dry. They don't look great, but we'll use them and try again next year.
I told the girls they were going to get to open ONE gift. They thought they were going to get to choose. Ha! Fooled them.
Yeah...
They were SO disappointed excited that they got to open pajamas. But they are so cute....and so monogrammed. And cute. And monogrammed.
This guy couldn't have cared less.
But after the kids changed into the pajamas that cause so much excitement, they made cookies.
Yep, they left Santa NINE cookies.
Ho ho ho Merry Christmas to Santa!
No comments:
Post a Comment