Thursday, January 20, 2011

30 Before 30...ONE!

I've never had a bucket list.  I mean, I have things I would LOVE to do, but if I don't get around to them...would I be disappointed.  Probably, but not devastated.  I think I have long term goals, but maybe they are so vague I don't even really know if you can call them goals.  I just want to make it through this life to get to my room in the BIG HOUSE. And no, I don't mean Michigan's football stadium.  I'm more of a fly by the seat of my pants kind of gal. 


As long as you take me to the beach every now and then.



And let me spend as much of my spare time as I can with these kids.




I'm A-Okay!
But, right at this moment...I'm gonna make a little change.  I haven't had any life changing news or anything like that, but I've always heard if you have goals you should write them down and you are more likely to accomplish them.  So, since I'm less than 6 months away from turning 30

*insert blood curdling scream here*

I've decided to come up with 30 things I'd like to do.  I do, however, live in the real world (sometimes it is unfortunate how realistic I am).  I'm not delusional enough to think I can do some of these things in 5 months (ahem, number 11 and number 20 - I mean,there is no Halloween between now and June), but maybe by 31 I can get them done.   

So here is my list of 30 before 31 - and as I accomplish each item...I'll share.  Woo hoo!

1.  Take the girls to the zoo
2.  Have a picnic
3.  Eat all (or most) of a large stack of pancakes
4.  Lose 15 pounds
5.  Read 5 books I've never read before
6. Clean out my closet
7.  Send 5 people handmade gifts for no reason other than I LIKE 'EM!
8.  Buy 2 pairs of shoes that don't match anything in my closet...except maybe jeans
9.  Buy 2 outfits to match the shoes in #8
10.  Finish going through the alphabet with Olivia
11.  Get Stella a friend...a miniature schnauzer???
12.  Take the girls to the Children's Museum...Jackson, MS and/or Memphis
13.  Ride the train
14.  Give myself a manicure and pedicure once a week for 6 weeks
15.  Floss my teeth everyday for a month
16.  Go to bed before 10 pm every night for 5 days and not feel guilty about it
17.  Send birthday cards to 10 people
18.  Run 1 mile...without stopping
19.  Get Olivia and Beckett's baby books up to date
20.  Have an AWESOME Halloween costume
21.  Play a game of Monopoly until it is over
22.  Go to the movies
23.  Learn how to use a Skil saw
24.  Go to a concert - it doesn't matter what genre - I like 'em all!
25.  Get all dressed up and go somewhere fun - for no special occassion
26.  Have a garage sale - or give a trailer load of stuff to goodwill
27.  Turn in our aluminum cans for recycling
28.  Plant a garden
29.  Organize my pantry and laudry room
30.  Spend an entire day at the lake

I know.  Some of these things sound like things I should or could do without making a list about it, but you don't realize how much free time you DON'T have when you have a 9 month and a 2 year old.  It is a really big deal to get to go to the movies.  So, if you will, please follow me along as I accomplish 30, albeit simple, things over the next year and 5 months.

I can't take credit for the idea of a list.  My inspiration totally comes from here and here.


1 comment:

  1. Love this! Can't wait to hear about them as your cross them off your list!

    ReplyDelete