Saturday, January 8, 2011

What a 2 days!

There are days when all you can do is laugh, roll your sleeves up, and clean it up.  That is how the last 2 days were.  Andrew knocked a plate that my great grandmother made off of our hutch.  It was an accident so I couldn't get mad.  All I could do was be sad for 2 seconds, laugh, and help him clean it up. Yesterday I brought groceries in and Beckett was in the middle of all of the bags playing with the stuff, as she always is, and dropped the salsa jar.  It busted, but fortunately the glass was confined to a small area.  It looked a little bit like this...


Except my jar of salsa wasn't quite that big.

Finally, I was cooking grilled cheeses for supper.  I know, healthy right?  But I wasn't in the mood to cook, my kids never eat a lot for supper, and I wasn't that hungry.  I got the girls plates out of the cabinet and a few seconds later this is what Beckett's plate looked like:
 

"You have to laugh at yourself, because you'd cry your eyes out if you didn't"
Good thing I live close to Wal-Mart and can get more of these plates. They are great for the kids AND they are made in the USA.  I'm completely obsessed with made in the USA, but we'll save that for another post.

The girls seemed to be happy with the outcome.


Things are looking up today!  No mishaps...yet.

1 comment:

  1. some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed, but with those two adorable faces who could resist?! hang in there. this to shall pass, and you will wonder where the time went. dk

    ReplyDelete