So you see this guy?
(GAH! I hate reusing photos, but we forgot to take a picture this morning before I left)
Well, he gets my vote for father/husband/Mr. Wonderful of the year. (Sorry dad, he's got ya beat this year.)
You see, he's not perfect. About once or twice a week he makes me feel guilty for not feeling good and not being able to do anything at all around this house. (PS - no one is allowed in my house unless you are willing to clean) Those moments only last a few minutes and then he is back to being wondeful.
Like yesterday.
I felt bad all day....again. That's right *Mom - 1 Baby 28*. I think it's got me beat. (I promise I won't complain for the next 6.5 months.) But, I got home and it was taking forever for my Beau to get here. For-Ev-Ver. But then...he showed up with supper from Tom's BBQ and groceries. That's right people. The man that only grocery shops when I'm pregnant and even then only when we have made a specific list stopped by the grocery store on the way home...AFTER he stopped and got supper. *SWOON*
I went straight to the bed. I laid there with my clothes on. I didn't even have the energy to take my shoes off. I wanted to update my facebook status to say how tired I was, but I didn't have the energy. I wanted to turn over so I could open one eye to check the golf tournament, but I didn't have the energy...oh - and I was nauseous. Bad nauseous. Felt like T-Total Poo!
You know what else? While the girls' Pow Pow was playing with them outside my Beau got everybody's supper ready...including mine.
And he brought it to me in the bed so I didn't have to smell the food smells in the kitchen.
He then let me get in the bed while he cleaned the dishes and took out the trash.
This is just what happened yesterday. This doesn't include the corn shuckin', the hunting, the dancing, the fingernail painting, and more. I love that he's teaching our 3 year old how to pray, not just recite a prayer. I love that he's teaching the girls patience and God's miracles by helping them grow sunflowers from seeds. I love that he lets the girls help him with EVERYTHING so they can learn how to do as much as they can for themselves, because one day mom and dad aren't going to be there to do it all. He's not perfect. He complains about stuff a lot. Mostly when he has to decide what we are having for supper. He's only good for doing this a few months at a time and then it's all back on me. But I think he gets the award this year because he has been so giving of his time and energy and love and taking up the slack where I have been unable.

No comments:
Post a Comment