Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What They've Been Doing

I pretty much get home and go to bed. Or I sit on the couch and close my eyes. Or I hobble around the house and "try" to get things done. Being nauseous all day seriously wears me out. I can't cook supper. I can't even get myself lunch because any smell makes me ill. I've been eating chips for lunch most days because it is the only thing I can stomach.

So all of this being said, my Beau has been being Daddy and Mommy for the last several weeks. Saturday he took the girls to their Pow Pow's house and let me have a day to myself. I proceeded to stay in bed until 12:30, except for the 30 minutes I got up and made myself some grits. They had originally planned on fishing, but for some reason they didn't. Beckett wasn't feeling well, so they stayed and walked around outside and looked at trees and the garden and tractors and animals, and leaves, etc etc. as long as they could before she just couldn't do it anymore.

They brought home a big box of corn and on Sunday the girls helped daddy shuck it.




They were getting the "sills" off. They had such a good time and LOVE to help.

So this is what I've been doing (boring) and what they've been doing (so much more fun).  Here's hoping that I'll start feeling better soon and can participate in the fun stuff (but maybe not the corn shuckin').



No comments:

Post a Comment