Monday, September 10, 2012

Fall Weather Is Here, Folks

Last week was a short week, but the weekend couldn't get here fast enough. And then it was gone. And all I felt was tired and achy.

I was determined we weren't eating out all weekend. That determination went BUST on Friday night. I had decided I was going to cook chicken breasts stuffed with spinach and cheese with roasted sweet potatoes and something not starchy and maybe even green to accompany it.

But who was I kidding. I got home and unloaded the dishwasher and it was almost time for the kids to go to bed. Well, maybe not quite, but if I had cooked all of that I would have been dealing with two tornadoes and supper at 9 pm. So Pizza Hut it was!

The girls ate in front of the TV. This never happens. With chaos that is our house, supper time is the time we talk about how our day went, review our bible verses, and "enjoy" each others' company. But also because our house is such a hot mess all the time that I don't feel like adding food on the rug to my nightly list of household duties. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the feel of noodles or pizza sauce or bread crumbs on the bottom of my feet, but I'm certain other people might not enjoy it quite as much as I. But not only did I add food to the rug on Friday night..I added Kool-aid. And yes, while I'm spilling a freshly refilled cup of Kook-aid on the floor we have more poo smearning all over the bathroom. How do you clean up Kool-aid in one room and poo in the other all at one time? MAGIC!

I got the girls cleaned up and in bed and I really can't remember what I did after that. It probably didn't involved sitting my dog slobbered chair perusing facebook. Or it might have. I might have given up after the chaos. I can't remember.

But Saturday. OH - Saturday did I decide to take on a challenge.

I took the girls to the Germantown festival. AWESOME festival by the way. Awesome if you have one kid and a single stroller. One of my dear friends and I decided earlier in the week to go and last minute her husband decided tag along...so I was the third wheel, but happy to be. The girls were going stir CRAZY in the house. We stopped at Chick-fil-a to get lunch (BUST number 2) and headed on...only to realize 20 minutes away from home I forgot my double stroller.
I borrowed a single stroller from my friend. Her husband pushed it around for me. Thank goodness. Then the kids played on the playground. We watched them for a little while and then put the husband on daddy duty while we did a quick once over on the other side.

There really was so much for the kids to do. I spent $11. $2.50 on drinks nad $6 on tickets for the girls to ride rides. O had a BLAST.



B missed her nap and decided to be a pill for a little while.


And then O rode the rocket ship and the airplane.


I gave 2 of our last 3 tickets away because O wanted to ride one more ride.


And then B decided she wanted to ride. And since I didn't have anymore tickets that led to meltdown. And it was a God thing. A sweet friend from church whose boy is O's age just happened to be walking by and handed me a ticket.


Thank goodness.


And she had fun. She even laid out throwing a fit when our turn was over. If I had been by myself I seriously would have let her ride this thing all day.

Sunday after church O had a a birthday party to attend. I hate when people have a birthday party and no one RSVPs and only 2 friends show up. I RSVP'd and we showed up.  But poor B just didn't understand why she didn't get to go. The main reason is that she wasn't invited (how do you explain to a 2 year old who gets to do every.single.thing. sissy does that she wasn't invited?). The second reason was because she fell asleep on the short drive from church to the restaurant and then again from the restaurant to home (yet another BUST on the no eating out). We would have had battle of the strong wills if she had gone with me. Rest assured I would have wone.

O had a great time. First time skating.


She was timid about it at first.


And then she just went on out there by herself and did her thang. She only faceplanted 3 times...that I saw. It was funny, but I was really scared she was going to cry and not skate anymore...so I ddin't laugh. It was already a looooooooong hour and a half with me being one of two parents there that weren't family. 

Then I took O home and traded out for the little one. We went to the grocery store. I seriously don't think I've done this much by myself since I got preggo. My legs are still tired and still achy from the weekend. I sure hope tonight is calm, but won't hold my breath.



No comments:

Post a Comment