So, it's been about 4 weeks now since we found out we are having a boy. That is still SO weird. I mean, with all of the estrogen in our house...I didn't even realize they made them that way. But I guess they do, so now I have a dilemma.
You see, I had come up with some really awesome girl names. Well, maybe just like 2 or 3, but they were really awesome. Because we have girls. Right? Wrong. But since I spent zero, nil, nada time coming up with a boy name, I have nothing. I mean, I have a few that I like. Here's the problem.
There is this name that has been decided on by one unnamed person. It would be a middle name. But I may or may not love the name. I keep feeling it out, but I'm having a feeling it is nonnegotiable. People keep telling me that since it is the only boy that I have to use this name. I beg to differ. I will have carried this child in my womb for nine months. This child caused me to vomit more times than I can count, to be so tired I can barely pick my head up off of a pillow, to look like a beached whale, to barely be able to walk across the street without losing my breath, to have to pee a hundred and seven times a day, and let's just say pushing a watermelon out of a teeny tiny hole is no easy task. I think those are pretty good arguments as to why I should be the sole namer of this child.
Those are all absolutely vaild arguments. Don't you agree.
Well, my side dilemma is that even though I get to pick the first name of my choosing...None of the names I love sound good wtih said name. Oh the stress!
Well, my side dilemma is that even though I get to pick the first name of my choosing...None of the names I love sound good wtih said name. Oh the stress!
Now, I'm not going to tell you what the name is. If it were in print there would be NO WAY I could deny that I don't like my child's name.So I guess that means once we decide on a name I will never tell anyone if that is the name I may or may not have liked.
Either way, this kid is going to be named by mid October. I need a name to start getting stuff monogrammed. I am a southern gal after all. The important stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment