Gracious goodness did we have a GREAT weekend or what!?!?
Thursday we hung around the house until about 4. It was nice just to chill and not be rushing to do anything. The Mister went to work on his new duck hole. THANK THE GOOD LORD ABOVE HE HAS A PLACE TO DUCK HUNT THIS YEAR. Yes, I'm screaming it to the mountain tops. This man has pouted around the house for 2 years during duck season because he didn't have anywhere to go (that wasn't public land). But I digress.
I took the kids swimming. It was SO great. The water was kind of cool. On July 4 the high...in Mississippi...was 84. Or maybe 88. But who cares. It was in the 80s. That is UNHEARD of. Our future neighbors did a little backyard bbq-ing. It was mighty fine!
At 9:30 we hopped in the car to run down the road to watch the fireworks. We almost missed it. I'm glad the show was running late because I sure thought the webiste said they started at 9:30.
I think B thinks every fireworks show is a license to dance.
And I think this one was tired.
We left the baby asleep in the car.
Before you call child services on me...it was about 65 degrees and the tailgate was open. And we were standing by the car.
The fireworks were awesome as ususal! We haven't missed this fireworks show in 5 years. I LOVE fireworks.I wish I lived at Disney so I could see a fireworks show every.single.day.
Baby woke up.
and watched the finale our future neighbors put on in the neighborhood.
Most of the kids got scared of the loud noise. So we all pretty much called it quits and went to bed. It was pretty late. I'm not sure when the last time my 3 and 4 year old stayed up until 11 pm on a school night. OH, yeah...on the 4th of July.
Saturday I took the kids swimming. Have I said how thankful I am to have a dear friend that has a pool that is more than lovely for putting up with us every single Saturday? Because I totally am! And I'm thankful that over the last 2 weeks BOTH of my girls have started swimming without floaties. Not full time because they can't touch the bottom, but they do when there is an adult in the pool. B is even jumping off the side and swimming back to the steps. And all of this without formal swimming lessons.
One of their buddies gave them a pack of sparklers at the pool. So after we went to eat sushi, the kids lit 'em on up. This was the first time they had done them...I think.
Fire! Fire! Fire!
I had some exhausted babies after 2 days of fun in the sun and fireworks.
So Happy Birthday America! We celebrated to the fullest! And thank you to our troops past and present who fought/fight for our freedom so that we can celebrate the birth of this great country!
No comments:
Post a Comment