Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Last Week Recap

Last week was relaxing. Kinda. Until Wednesday. The kids went to stay with Biscuit for a few days to give this Mama a wee bit of a break. To say she was exhausted by the time she brought them home is an understatement. I tried to keep Little Man at home, but she insisted on taking them. They went swimming one day and I'm not really sure what they did the rest of the time. On Tuesday night they went to Uncle Steve and Aunt Bethie's to play with Mackenzie and Sam.


From the looks of it, they had a blast.


It's too bad we don't live closer to these peeps so they can play dress up more often.


And because who doesn't love a little boy that is secure enough in his manhood that he can wear a tutu all while pimping in a gator. (Sorry Bethie, took cute not to share!)

He was rocking that tutu.

That's what you get when you have 2 older sisters. Watch out Little Man. It will happen to you too!

I switched Little Man's formula to Similac Alimentum the day before they went to Biscuit's. Desperately trying to get rid of this wretched rash all over his body. It didn't work. So Thursday I frantically called dermatologists trying to get him an appointment to figure this business out. Do you know how friggin' hard it is to get a dermatologist appointment? First one was in 8 weeks...until I begged for my 6 month olds' life.


And then his sisters dressed him up in beautiful necklaces.

But the sweet dermatologist at Memphis Dermatology saw us that day. She made me change my detergent, his soap, slather him up with moisturizer, and a little hydrocortisone for a week. It was looking better within 2 days. I don't know what he is allergic to, but dang breast fed babies.

And poor Miss Stella walked around for 2 or 3 days not putting any pressure on her back right foot. She was going to the vet to have some tests run on her urine because they found some issues when she went for her checkup the week before. They started telling me we needed to have X-rays done to make sure her ligaments in her knee weren't torn and yadda yadda yadda. Short story long...they messed with the wrong person. The Mister jumped and told them the problem was with her foot. And sure enough...she had a broken toe nail up inside of her paw.


They pulled it out and she was pitiful with this thing on her head for 2 days.

She was supposed to wear it for 7 days, but she kept bumping into the wall and she wouldn't sit down. She just stood up...all.day.long.  So I felt sorry for her and didn't make her wear it anymore. Which was okay because she didn't mess with her foot a lick.

Okay, so now to the good stuff.

If mud is good.


Little Man got his first good mouthful of mud. Yum! I was pulling weeds out of the potato garden and I turned around and the kid was eating the roots of the weeds. Seriously. We feed him. Lot of food.

We went swimming on Saturday and Sunday. B was jumping off of the side and swimming back to the steps. I don't think she had her floaties on 10 minutes out of the 3 hours we were there on Sunday. She is rocking it. O on the other hand. Swims awesome, but is scared to death. She swims so fast, but is scared to go where she can't touch (without floaties on)...even with someone holding her. I guess I'm going to end up having to get her swimming lessons to get over that fear.

So that's our boring week in a nutshell. I don't even remember any funny things said by the kids to leave with you today. So this nice mundane blog post will have to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment