Since I've been a little MIA lately (ahem, trying to sleep away the sinus infection that made me feel like someone had hit me in the face...with a brick), I have decided to post twice today. Especially since this is so worthy of being shared.
Despite feeling like I had been hit in the face with a brick, I woke up Saturday morning ready to take my girls to do something fun. The mister man was all for it, so we decided to take the girls to the Children's Museum of Memphis!!! That's right...big city.
Some of our favorite restaurants are around Midtown, and since we don't get around that area much, you know not working close and having the tots and all, he treated us to lunch at none other than...
OMG! My fave! Heat Miser...hello!?!?! A turkey sandwich with lots of hot stuff marinated in more hot stuff. YUM-MO!
They have lots of other stuff that people really like, but this is my fave! Their french fries and sweet potato fries are REALLY good too!
The girls were in good moods too!
Smiles!
and cheezes!
Then on to the museum we went. I didn't get any super great photos. Olivia was very timid at first, but B jumped on the band wagon. Immediately walking up and down and up and down and up and down the stairs to the fire truck.
So guess who else got to walk up and down and up and down and up and down the steps of the fire truck? Yep, that would be me.
The mister took O into the balancing/block/balance beam room and she had a BA-LAST! We ended up going back to this room again before we left.
After the museum, dad treated his girls to ice cream at Baskin Robbins. I heart Ben & Jerry's, but sometimes you just can't beat a good scoop of chocolate ice cream from Baskin Robbins.
By then it was most definitely NAP TIME!
Craziest part of the day...
We walked into the museum and almost immediately I saw the Mister's ex......wife that is, that he hasn't seen since before we started dating (or so he says, and I have not reason to doubt it or care) 10 years ago. Over the past 10 years we have coincidentally been at the same place at the same time as one or more of her family member (even her sometimes), yet we have never met. For instance...
2 years in a row we coincidentally were in Destin the same time as her family and her brother came to hang out with us
We coincidentally started going to the same church as her sister and brother in law
Her daughter was in my VBS group
I've seen her around town several times
Weird? I think so.
The times we have been at the same place, the mister didn't introduce us, because we didn't really cross paths. This time...it was impossible not to cross paths.
It was actually quite comical. The mister actually avoided her the entire time we were there. He wouldn't say it was on purpose, but I can just sense these things, you know as the wife and all.
When we were leaving, there we were.
Standing right there in front of each other and there was nothing to do but say hello. Everyone was introduced.
Now, I know not everyone is a phsycho crazy girl, but when your ex-husband remarries...you know what she looks like and you know her name and maybe even how many kids they have. Trust me...I had an ex boyfriend of 5 years, and you just know these things even if you don't seek out the information. She asked if we had just gotten to the museum (becuase she and I hadn't just made eye contact 2 or 3 times since we had been there) and what my name was again. I should have asked her how they knew each other. Or better, I should have taken a picture so I could post it to my blog. Dangit, why didn't I think of that!
But as weird as the day was, I got one more thing crossed off of my list of 30 before 31 (which is probably going to turn into 35). GOODBYE #12! And the girls had fun and have been asking to go back. But I do still plan on taking the kids to Jackson to the Children's Museum. Mostly bc I want to go to Mugshots and get the best hamburger EVER! So look out Jackson...
That's just crazy, that after all those "almost" run-ins, you'd never actually met her! What a bee-otch, though, for acting like she didn't know your name...what.ever.
ReplyDelete