Tuesday, January 31, 2012

5 Thanks - January

There is so much to be thankful for in this little life o mine.  Daily I take things for granted.  I haven't even told you 5 things I'm thankful for in months.  How completely ungrateful of me.  I have been given grace so that I may enjoy life, so why don't I get back to sharing with you only a glimpse of my many blessings.

1. My family's health

We are a sickly bunch these days. We have had coughs, sinus infections, ear infections, snotty noses, fever...any kind of cold like symptom...we've had it. Juice Plus, Mucinex, and antibiotics have been our best friends for a few weeks now. Honestly, I feel so bad for my girls.  I know they feel bad.  But I thank God that all we have are runny noses and ear infections and not cancer or some other potentially fatal disease.  Compared to that, our sickness is a cake walk. 

2.  Books

I LOVE that my girls love to read.  We read 3 books a piece before bed almost every night.  It is wonderful quality time that we get to spend with the girls.  I think they both know every word to most of the books we read.

These are a few of our favorites











And last but certainly not least...


Well, it was a favorite until more than half of the pages got torn out.  That's what an 18 months will do for ya!

Our favorite stories we Jonah and the Whale and David and Goliath.  O can tell you those 2 stories in full detail.

3.  I'm thankful this month that I'm the winner of this

Jesus Calling: 365 Devotions For Kids: Time-Tested Answers to Your Toughest Questions

I don't really enter giveaways anymore.  It takes way too much time.  Bloggers were starting to ask you to spend waaaaayyyyy too much time doing prequisites before being able to enter their giveaways...so I gave up on it...even though I did win a few pretty cool things here and there.  I do try to enter the giveaways at my friend McCall's blog whenever I can.  You can find her blog HERE.  Well, I won this book from her last giveaway and I couldn't be more excited to get started reading it to my girls.

4.  Sushi



If you worked with me at Dixon Hughes, then I'm certain this shocks you.  I LIKE SUSHI!  And, not only do I like sushi, I'm going to have sushi on Friday.  A lunch date with my husband!

Which brings me to #5...

5.  Lunch dates with my husband

We used to go eat lunch together all.the.time. before we moved and after we moved.  But when we moved back to the greater Memphis area, he worked in Memphis and I didn't.  So ever since, we have rarely gotten to go lunch dates.  I am truly thankful for the days we do get to meet up for lunch.  It is usually somwhere really yummy that I haven't eaten in a while.


So now I ask...

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment