Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Oreo!

It's no secret that I'm trying to lose weight.  I've been unsuccessfully trying to lose some L.B.s since September.  I just like food too much.  But I've seriously been trying.  But Monday Nabisco posted on their facebook wall:

"To celebrate the 100th birthday of OREO, we’re having cake and cookies too. Share the moment with Limited Edition Birthday Cake OREO cookies – filled with a surprise sprinkles crème to celebrate the kid inside us all!"







So me, being the Oreo junky that I am, was tempted.  We have a great Kroger, but I figured they wouldn't have them, so I removed it from my mind.  But alas!  I had to go to Kroger Monday after work to get a can of Rotel tomatoes. Bad idea by the way. Day before Valentine's Day. Cray Zay!  Almost as bad as having to go to the grocery store on Super Bowl Sunday...which I did ONLY because we were out of all things breakfast at our house.  I needed a happy pill by the time I got out of there.  But I digress.

So I was about to run down the aisle that the Rotel tomatoes were on when I spotted them. BIRTHDAY OREOS!  I asked the girls if we needed them.  When they said YEAH MOMMY! I decided it was absolutely okay to spend almost $4 on a pack of super fattening Oreos that I would probably devour that night.

And we opened them immediately after we walked in the door.


PS - they aren't very good.  I've eaten 3 of them.  And they've been in this house since Monday.  That's a BIG DEAL.

Now on to story #2.

The girls got all kinds of Valentine's Cards.  I didn't get even one.  I think this may be the first year I haven't gotten at least one Valentine's card via snail mail.  Oh well, moving on.  I think the girls had more fun tearing the envelopes up then listening to dad read them every.single.one.


Do you think she liked this?



If you think that is bad, you should've seen the face and hands covered in spaghetti only a few minutes before.  Mes-sy child.

Did you try the Limited Edition Oreos?  What did you think?

Guess what I'm ready for...GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! Yay!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment