Thank goodness for ear infections. Yes, I said thank goodness for ear infections. Why you ask? Because last Thursday Sweet Beckett had just started running fever when I picked her up from daycare. I was crying because I just knew it was the ears..and we were on antibiotics. I almost took her Lebonheur, but I waited. She slept all night, but woke up Friday morning with 103 fever.
We went straight to the doc. Thank goodness we did. They swabbed her for a flu test. AND it was POSITIVE. Yep, MOTHER OF THE YEAR award here. None of us got the flu shot this year. Well, the hubs got a flu shot. The doc got the girls started on Tamiflu and I immediately called my doc to get myself some. On the way home I stopped and got some Chick fil A breakfast and B ate all of her nuggets out of the minis and wanted more. Since I wasn't about to drive back across town, we went to Old McDonald's (aka McDonald's).
She felt so bad this is how she nibbled at them and the pop tart she subsequently asked for and also didn't eat.
She ran a 103ish fever almost constant all day and night Friday and Saturday. Which means mom was up with her most of the night both nights. The most amazing thing happened on Sunday. The kid woke up without fever and only ran about 99ish a couple of times during the day.
She even took it upon herself to dress herself and get her shoes on. She is always taking shoes on and off, so I tied her Keds for her. A few seconds later I looked up from the kitchen and the back door was open. This is what I found.
Yep, this kid is now able to open the back door by herself if the dead bolt isn't locked. She can't get out of the fence...thank goodness. But I can assure you we'll be keeping an eye on this kid.
She hasn't run fever since about 4 am Sunday morning. Thanks goodness! Those were the most horrible 60ish hours because I couldn't do anything for my baby. I'm a believer in Tamiflu...so far. O and I still haven't come down with the flu. We will be taking every single dose.
Here's to a greater chance we'll be getting the flu shot next year.

Same here...this is the first year in at least 5 or 6 years that I didn't bother to get me and the kids flu shots, and of course Tyler got the flu. Back to the FluMist next year for all of us!
ReplyDelete