Wednesday, November 28, 2012

An Egg Bowl To Remember

Okay, so yesterday's return to the nonprivate world was a little bit abrupt. But...we're back...with a facelift. Thanks so much to Jennisa from Once Upon a Blog. Now I hope the questionable visitors stay away and I can keep this thing so all can laugh at enjoy the insanity called our life...unless you are a creep, and then stay away.

So on to life stuff.

Saturday we took the girls to Egg Bowl. It was down right cold. I mean, I wasn't cold. These hormones are killing me. But I'm pretty sure my kids that weigh 25 pounds soaking wet were cold. Fortunately I bought them some cold weather clothes the day before...because I couldn't think of any better day to shop for these things than Black Friday.

But aren't they so cute!


Bless his heart....my Beau is so great at taking photos that he caught this handshake in action (and no, I don't know how to nor do I have the time to edit my photos before adding them on here...but I'll be happy to take some free lessons).

But it sure is a cute picture of O and me.


And despite the fact that I'm as big as a whale I agreed to take this picture with our family.


I think the coat covers up my largeness.

I'm telling you one thing. This whole day was work for this poor mommy. If I carried the girls to the bathroom once, I carried (literally carried) them to the bathroom 15 times. I had to carry them because when they say they gotta go...you better get 'em there. I'll tell you one thing...since Miss O got her tonsils taken out, the kid has thickened up. But still doesn't quite weighs 30 pounds. But I could tell it on those upteen gazillion trips to the bathroom.

We made it to the game and halfway through the first quarter my Beau got a migraine headache. Normally he can deal with migraines, but all of the noise (and trust me...there was A LOT of it) and the lights made him nauseous. O was cold and miserable, so by the middle of the second quarter they left and got a UPD officer to take them back to the truck where they hung out the rest of the time.

B was my trooper. We stayed at the game until there were 5 minutes left. The kid was all over the place. She made friends with the high school girls sitting behind us. Everytime they shook their pom pom, she shook her pom pom. If they covered up with their blanket...she needed to cover up with her blanket. And when they told her how cute she was...she became uncontrollable all over the place trying to show out. She was hee haw larious taking it all in and didn't mind one bit chiming in to yell Hotty Toddy with the rest of the crowd.


B and I left with 5 minutes left in the game. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be able to carry her and the bag back to the Grove in the crowd. I could barely make it out the bleachers for being stove up. We got back to the tent and no one was there, so we loaded up our stuff. I packed up 4 chairs while B insisted on helping me get the stroller out. It was definitely hard work for a 2 year old. It would have been hard work for me. I loaded B in the stroller, 4 chairs and a bag on the handles of the stroller, and our food back into the bag sitting on the wagon that also had our cooler in it. This almost 8 month preggo woman pushed a double stroller with one kid in it and all of that stuff hanging around the handles and pulled the wagon full of stuff to the car...all in one trip. Just call me rockstar. Yes, I will shamelessly brag about how awesome I am that was...because it was not the easiest thing I've ever done.

We had so much fun. I only wish my Beau and O would have made it the whole game...because an AWESOME game it was. After 3 years of sheer disappointment, Ole Miss prevailed and the Egg is now back in Oxford. Who believes now? #feedmoncrief

Hotty Toddy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment