This year for Halloween I had 2 of the cutest little pirates ever.
I made the mistake of letting them wear their pirate costumes to school. Last time I forgot to let O dress up for something she got seriously upset...even though half of her class didn't dress up. I wasn't making that mistake again. So they both came home with pirate dresses and stockings covered in black...from the wretched shredded tires on the playground that I hate. Except that O didn't change into her red and white striped stocking like I told her to. Instead, she wore her dance stocking and ballet shoes all day.
So after school I fixed their hair and put on O's pirate stocking and made them go to the bathroom and worked very hard reminding O that we didn't say "Trick or treat smell my feet" before we went to trick or treat with friends in a much less crowded neighborhood than ours.
We all jumped on the trailer (aka - the hay ride) and headed to trick or treat. We covered about 2 or 3 blocks before B decided she didn't want anymore candy and that she was done. Literally said, "Mama, I don't want anymore candy. I done." So we went to get Old McDonald's chicken nuggets for the girls on our way home. I'm pretty sure they both got plenty of candy, and O didn't mind because she has had a TERRIBLE cold for the last few days.
It was such a good thing we went across the main road to trick or treat. Apparently everyone in our county called everyone else in our county and told them to go to our neighborhood. There were cars parked all the way down the main street as well as on every street in our subdivision. We stopped on our way home to see the trains and the headed home to eat chicken nuggets and candy.
Yes, that was our supper. After this weekend I'm putting the girls through sugar detox.
No comments:
Post a Comment