Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Twas The Weekend Before Christmas

Can Christmas be on Tuesday every year? This was probably the easiest Christmas every. I mean, as far as traveling  and family time goes. Not so easy in the pregnant and sick kid categories. We headed on down to my cousins rehearsal dinner Friday night. The rehearsal dinner was wonderful. Beautiful arrangements, good food, and celebrating a wonderful couple. The girls stayed up until 11 pm that night. This is important information.

Saturday we had Christmas lunch with my dad's side of the family. The crowd was a little slim since my grandfather is in rehab for his hip and my aunt and uncle who are always there weren't coming in until Christmas day. For some reason I don't have any pictures of this. I'm not really sure what had come over me.

We went to the wedding. Beautiful is an understatement. I wish I had pictures. I was not in a picture taking mode on Saturday. The church was beautiful. The dress was beautiful. The reception was beautiful. The reception was in a barn. Very rustic. There was a huge arrangement on the food table of day lillies and small arrangments on each table. There were tree branches that looked like trees that were lit up with Christmas lights. It was simply beautiful. If I hadn't of been so pregnant I probably could have danced all night to the band as well. OH I wish I had pictures!

Sunday was a big day. We were going to go to church, but B ran a decent fever all night (and she and I were up about every 30 minutes to an hour), so I decided it would be best to stay home. We had lunch at Pow Pow's house and Nana was there too. B started running fever on Friday. I figured it was just congestion. But this is how bad she felt.


This kid never stops. And she laid down. Or either she was in my lap. Or I was holding her.  

And she didn't eat. But then we opened gifts.



And of course we all took part in that.



After Pow Pow's house came Pop's house. The girls opened their gifts from Pop.


The hardest part about opening presents away from home is not being able to get them out and play with them. Baby dolls are the big thing in our house right now, so the hottest gift was a stroller and a baby carrier that doubles as a high chair.

To top off our full day we had Christmas dinner at my grandparents' house Sunday night.  Here are all of their great grands...with 3 more to be here very soon.


And here is the clan with their Great Grandparents.


And here is sweet B with her daddy. And she still didn't feel good and was still running fever.


But O just wanted to open presents.


But she looked very pretty in her Christmas tree smocked dress. I wish they could wear them all year long.

We ate a yummy supper of prime rib and rice and gravy, read Luke 2 (my personal favorite part of Christmas - I guess that's why I'm the narrarator every year), sang Away in a Manger, and opened presents. Before we opened gifts, we even sang a little Happy Birthday to Jesus and O. The girls racked up on gifts. We loaded the car up with all of our gifts, a lot of leftovers, and drinks for the ride...and maybe the rest of the lemon ice box pie with a spoon...and headed home.

The weekend was great. Two celebrations. We got to celebrate the covenant of marriage as well as the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ whose sole purpose was to live a perfect life to die for the atonement of our sins. Thank God. Happy Birthday Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment