In the midst of the sadness and grief I felt for the families suffering loss in the CT shootings on Friday, I felt like things didn't need to change around our house. The girls didn't know anything about the shootings and I wanted to keep it that way. That is just too much for their little minds to handle. It is too much for a grown mind to handle. After going to the doctor and finding out I needed rest to get rid of these pains, I went home and turned on the TV to find out this awful news and cried myself to sleep.While I know this didn't happen to me nor do I know any of the victims, it did hit close to home having 2 small kids I leave at daycare everyday (and soon to be in school). I just wanted to stay at home in my jammies and hold my babies tight. But in an effort to not dwell on things we cannot change, we kept our promise and took the girls to the Zoo.
So Friday night we took the girls to Zoo lights. I was pretty disappointed with their display this year. I really think they had ridiculously more lights last year. The girls didn't care. They didn't even pay attention to the light.
This was the highlight of their trip.
O went straight to Santa's lap. B was hesitant, but headed on up herself. I was so proud of my girls for not being scared and not crying. Apparently we didn't go see Santa Claus last year. Or maybe I just didn't blog about it...therefore it didn't happen. Maybe I can find some pictures, but who cares about last year right?
Anyway, when Santa asked them was they wanted for Christmas...they both said a bike and a baby doll. And O wants a Lala Loopsey. Gosh, I sure hope Santa paid attention.
I we always have to play in the eggs at Once Upon a Farm.
But the best part of every zoo trip...
THE PLAYGROUND.
Forget the lights. The girls immediately wanted to play on the playground. All I know is that it is a good thing I usually sit in the designated parent area, because all of that climbing the girls were doing was giving me anxiety.
As we were leaving the girls wanted to take their picture in front of the Christmas tree.
and they thought it would be cool to strike a pose.
Now, to make it though this coming up weekend and then get little man here.
Please continue to pray for the familes of Sandy Hook Elementary School. It is difficult now, but it is going to continue to be difficult even after this Christmas season. These people didn't lose their children (and teachers) for just the Christmas season. They lost them forever. And there will be reminders of it always.
Psalms 147:3
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." ESV
Now, to make it though this coming up weekend and then get little man here.
Please continue to pray for the familes of Sandy Hook Elementary School. It is difficult now, but it is going to continue to be difficult even after this Christmas season. These people didn't lose their children (and teachers) for just the Christmas season. They lost them forever. And there will be reminders of it always.
Psalms 147:3
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." ESV
Eeeee!!! I blogged about Zoo Lights today, too!! haha gotta love it :) It's probably one of my favorite things to do at Christmas time.
ReplyDeleteHow big the girls are getting.Guess they are getting out of the way for #3. Thanks for my card; love your fmaily. Hope all goes well with #3. Keep us posted. Merry Christmas.
ReplyDelete