Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Can He Handle It?

I've had several people tell recently me during casual conversations that their husbands can't make it 30 minutes into keeping their kids without calling them asking them what to do...and every 30 minutes thereafter (maybe an exaggeration, maybe not)  I'm just gonna say it.  THANK YOU SWEET HUSBAND!  He is so super good with our kids.  If I leave for the day I won't hear from him except maybe to find out what we have to eat at the house (which is generally nothing but junk and by junk I mean cookies, goldfish, cracker, m&m's, etc). 

I'm not saying I'm going to get home and everyone learned their ABCs and 123s and colored in the lines and cleaned up all of their toys and loaded the dishwasher.  It's more like a house that got struck by tornado force winds and blew every.single.toy/clothing item/dish from the cabinet/blanket out into the floor or on the counter.  I always come home to scratches and bruises and dirty faces.  But the boo boos have all been cleaned, kissed, and bandaged.  Everyone has been fed, played with and taken out...I mean, diapers changed. Everyone bathed and been put down for bed without as much as a phone call to mom.  HOW LUCKY AM I!

So my question for you today is...

Can your baby daddy (or husband) handle it?  OR is he calling you 30 minutes into your "day off" to ask you, "WHAT DO I DO WITH THESE KIDS?" OR to tell you, "COME HOME...I'M LOSING MY MIND!"



2 comments:

  1. Matt does pretty well. When it was just Charlotte (esp. when she was younger) he could have gone an entire week without me and not had a bit of trouble. Elliot is such a momma's boy that Matt doesn't know his routine as well and he is a bit harder to pacify.

    I am gone at least once a week and he has both kids- he has never called me. I try to be pretty thorough in preparing all the baby stuff though. I have the baby food chosen, the pajamas laid out, etc. That isn't to say that he doesn't sometimes sound like he is about to cry when I call to say I am on my way home, but at least he doesn't call me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul is really good taking care of Parker. I don't ever get phone calls. It is nice to know that I can get out for a bit and not worry about what is going on at home.

    ReplyDelete