Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day Weekend to Me!

I had the BEST weekend with my babies.  I am so blessed to be the mother of the greatest girls ever.  I've got alittle bit of sweet (see the left) and a little bit of spicy (see the right).


We enjoyed being at the March of Dimes to help support all premature babies.  You can see Charlie Rogan and my friend Stephanie below.


After the March of Dimes walk Saturday morning, the hubs and I decided to take the girls to the baseball game.  Much to my dismay, the girls both only took a 30 minute nap on the way to Oxford.  They were well behaved despite their lack of sleep.

The first thing we did was get a snowcone.



And oh my, were we all covered in it - as in all of us were covered in blue/green/red snocone.  If the hubs quit shoveling it into B's mouth, she would take the spoon out of his hand and give it back to him.  FEED ME!

O was pretty good the whole game.


B was squirmy wormy.  No surprise there.


Problem is that we were sitting on the left field sideline in my dad's box seats...right where foul balls are nailed on a regular basis.  And the girls wanted to climb up and down the stairs (sorry fellow Ole Miss baseball fans sitting around us for that and the meltdowns)...which was against the rules since I couldn't jump down 4 rows of concrete stairs to cover them from a foul ball if necessary.  Which of course led to meltdowns.

After the game...the hubs and the girls took me to Proud Larry's (one of my favorites) for supper for Mother's Day.  (PS - I was also informed I was getting a pair of Chacos for Mother's Day - Yay!!!)


Props to Proud Larry's for having the BEST kids cup I've seen yet.  And I've seen a lot of them. Sorry I don't have a picture, but they rock!

Only thing is...


Beckett did get her straw out when we got in the car and dumped her tea on her head...and laughed about it.

I didn't feel like cleaning up after lunch on Sunday, so I got another Mother's Day meal after church.  We went to eat Mexican and the girls got bouncy balls.


After we came back in from playing outside it was necessary to put on St. Paddy's day socks that were, well, 20 sizes too big.


And this picture just made me laugh.


As you can see, you only come to our house if...

You want to get snocone all over your clothes

Pour tea on your head

Drink capri suns and eat goldfish all.day.long

Eat Play in the dirt

and

Dance on the table in your lucky socks until you fall out

But I wouldn't change a single thing.

Happy Mother's Day to me and to you!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like a perfect weekend to me! :-)

    ReplyDelete