Go ahead and check it off the list! One more 30 before 30...ONE is in the books.
This past weekend I loaded up all of my garage sale stuff from my house, the hubs loaded up all of my garage sale stuff we were storing at his dad's house, and then my brother, sister in law, dad, and the hubs cleaned out my dad's attic, my brother's closet, and my room at my dad's house. With all of that stuff...
WE HAD A GARAGE SALE.
We made a little money and then we made a little tax write off. By 10 am everything we had left that would fit into the bed of the truck went to the Salvation Army. Everything else went to the road. It felt so good for 2 reasons:
1. I have had garage sale/goodwill stuff sitting in my house for more than a year waiting for me to dispose of it.
2. My dad's attic was significantly cleaned out. 24 years of accumulation...GONE. It still needs a little work, but the bulk of the getting rid of stuff process has been complete. Now if I can only get my baby brother to do something with the 2 Rubbermaid tubs full of Sports Illustrated and the other tub full of baseball cards we would be rocking and rolling and what not.
Now, as excited as I was. And as prepared with my camera as I originally was...I completely forgot to take a picture of our garage sale fodder. BUT...I got the aftermath.
After all of that was taken care of the hubs and I cleaned out my dad's garage. And if you were my high school friend and you remember the back of my door...
Well, it came down Saturday and went the way of the trash. It was a little bitter sweet. I mean, these wonderful master pieces were up on my door for about 15 years.
I'm so stinking glad this weekend is over. I think this may be my very last garage sale. Whew!


No comments:
Post a Comment